The way I see it, the DA knows Cyril is their best bet, that's what Zille has been saying all along, the situation as it is suits them just fine, they have achieved their goal of keeping the EFF and MK out, now the next goal is to get their members fed through the executive posts, well fed members are happy members, leading to a united, stronger party.
If in the process of getting the executive posts they get some influential one that would be an extra boost, hence they are pushing for more, but that is not a live or die moment of "If I don't get this, I am walking away".
So there will be trade offs, I see the ANC using the DGs and Deputy Minister positions to bargain, if they get a Minister, Deputy and DG it will eat into their share of positions, so the DA will decide if they want to take more ministries or get fewer but more effective ones where they have full control of the whole value chain.