The SABC is a complete mess

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
The SABC is a complete mess

The SABC is facing major problems that have culminated in worries over whether it would be able to continue broadcasting.

While the SABC now looks unlikely to face a complete blackout in the near future, it has been forced to stop broadcasting all PSL matches because it can not afford to pay SuperSport for the rights to local football games.

Asgard85

The only time I consume any of their broadcasts is 5FM in the mornings on my way to work for about an hour from 05:30.
Lately I have noticed that the only adverts which play (repeatedly) during that time are from Rain and The National Lottery.
Are their other radio stations also seemingly battling to secure ad clients?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The only time I consume any of their broadcasts is 5FM in the mornings on my way to work for about an hour from 05:30.
Lately I have noticed that the only adverts which play (repeatedly) during that time are from Rain and The National Lottery.
Are their other radio stations also seemingly battling to secure ad clients?
Do yourself a favour... get a little cable, and do the streaming thing.

You get better music, and no adverts...

The_MAC

Executive Member
Why are MyBB article titles so dramatic as of late?

Sounds like a Daily Sun article title..

MEIOT

Expert Member
It's been a mess for decades already - so much of the news nowadays just stating the blatantly obvious!

Rabobi

Executive Member
Would also add the Afrikaans meme if i can find it

"Nee, rerig? Jy lieg!"

Urist

Expert Member
Turn it all into 1 channel that shows william smith reruns all day. That would solve 2 problems.
Then i'd "do the right thing"

Last edited:

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Can't sort out SABC but wants to implement NHI which will be several orders of magnitude more complex and costly. Jirre.

genetic

Honorary Master
This has resulted in tension between the SABC and Minister of Communications Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, who has questioned the viability of the SABC’s turnaround strategy. As a result, she has attempted to avoid providing the broadcaster with funding.
Good. The communications minister actually doing their job for once.