The Shroom Thread

saor

Honorary Master
To give the cannabis thread some breathing room, here's a place to discuss magic mushrooms. Microdose, heroic dose, sporadic use - many ways to use this special fungus. Special because there's always a lot to learn from the experience, for me it's always much more than just a few hours of fun - it can often be introspectively difficult as it holds up a mirror of unrelentingly clear resolution to your being & in that moment you can either run away in madness or take a breath and do the work the capped wizard has revealed needs doing.

Afaik they're still illegal to grow, fresh/dried also illegal. Not sure if/when that will ever change, but they're easy enough to acquire (usually dried) and not too difficult to grow from spores in small amounts.

There's also quite a bit of info using them for lasting relief from cluster headaches, and a few places (MAPS, Johns Hopkins etc.) looking at studies using shrooms for depression, ptsd.

Last edited:

Batista

Executive Member
How long does a shroom trip typically last?
2g dried is the normal dose starter dose, should last around 3-4 hours depending on how much food you had before.

I have been microdosing for about 4 weeks now, take around 0.2-0.4 g every week,I found that works for me.

schuits

Expert Member
It's the uninformed people that end up getting in trouble.

The Netherlands banned fresh shrooms after a French girl jumped to her death after consumption.
Earlier some Brits decided the shrooms they were taking had no effect, so they ate even more. When the effect did kick in they started tossing hotel chairs out the windows etc.

saor

Honorary Master
It's the uninformed people that end up getting in trouble.
And another reason why discussion is important, helps to hear other peoples experiences etc. These substances are all so different that the archaic way of making blanket-statements about 'drugs' does nobody any good, especially if they're trying to figure out if this is something they want to try.

Shrooms can get real scary & weird real quick. Some people think shrooms is like getting very drunk, but like cannabis is different from alcohol, shrooms is a unique experience. I've never had silly fun with shrooms, it's always been an experience woven through with wonder, mystery and often difficulty. Not something I'd do at a party, tho I've known people who prefer using it in a fun / party environment.

marvymarv007

Also, they are not 0.5 per cap - that is not a microdose. Research.
Microdose is anywhere from 0.05 to 0.5.

I personally microdose with 0.5 caps from BGH...take 1 cap twice a week. Magnificent results, with no psychedelic effects.Unless taken on an empty stomach, then the trees and rocks have a certain sparkle lol.

But thanks for assuming I havent researched, says more about you than me.

Anyone looking to embark on the psychedelic journey, Id recommend reading "James Fadiman, Ph.D. - The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide"