• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

The Shroom Thread

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Depends on the extent and nature of your ptsd. I used to micro-dose daily (depression and insomnia) every day at 7pm. It's mostly just symptomatic relief from my experience and the insomnia and depression would return a week or so after running out of shrooms (what prompted me to start growing cubensis). I stopped with shrooms quite a while back and am now on THC and CBD extracts.
Thanks for the feedback

Datura

Captain Faptastic
A word of warning avoid shrooms if you have any history of Psychosis in your family
On the same note: Antidepressants. If you are on SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), the effect of the shrooms will more than likely be nerfed by the SSRIs. Don't over compensate with higher dosage just to get the desired effect. While 1 or 2 grams may not hit you very much if you're on SSRIs, 4 or 5 grams is still 4 or 5 grams and will knock your fscking socks off . Not always pleasant.

If you are on SNRIs (Serotonin-noradrenaline inhibitors), shrooms and LSD consumption increases the risk of serotonin toxicity (LSD being considerably riskier than shrooms but know your risks nevertheless).

Forearmed and all that jazz...

Datura

Captain Faptastic
That being said, I micro-dosed together with SSRIs and it still helped. I chucked the antidepressants in the garbage after about two months of micro-dosing and stuck to the shrooms. About two weeks after chucking the "meds" away, I started feeling the trippy effects of the psilocybin and had to decrease the dosage a little bit in order not to be buzzing around the house every night :)

Datura

Captain Faptastic
If you want to see the effects of taking too mush too mush, go to a place in Sea Point (I heard they moved to Hope street but not sure) called "Call-A-Pizza" (www.callapizza.co.za I suggest the MOG if you're a veggie or the Stomping Hot if you like an excuse to use frozen toilet paper in the morning) and ask Ricky (MadHatter) to show you footage from Organic or Sprung (can't remember which one) from between 6am to 6:30am.

I can be seen 'dancing' with two very warm, closed black labels. I may look happy but I was going through hell. That was the last place on earth I wanted to be but had spent the previous couple of hours looking for my car in the tent are (no cars at all) and I wanted to get out of there so badly that if someone had pointed me in the direction of the parking lot I WOULD HAVE tried to drive home.

Not pretty and very fscking dangerous frame of mind to be in (I had only had 2 beers the entire night but had managed to get between 10 and 16 grams of shrooms into my system over the space of about 10 hours). Eventually a mate found me and took me to chill at his tent. I kinda came right enough to drive at around 6pm but it was still very damned tricky...

Respect your limits...

mister

Executive Member
That being said, I micro-dosed together with SSRIs and it still helped. I chucked the antidepressants in the garbage after about two months of micro-dosing and stuck to the shrooms. About two weeks after chucking the "meds" away, I started feeling the trippy effects of the psilocybin and had to decrease the dosage a little bit in order not to be buzzing around the house every night :)
Did you ever do any full trips? They seemed to have an effect on my depression levels for months, although I never really found any benefit to my mood from micro-doses.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
What happens when you eat too much shrooms? Still trip or do you pass out / die / trip for the rest of your life?

saor

Honorary Master
What happens when you eat too much shrooms? Still trip or do you pass out / die / trip for the rest of your life?
Terence Mckenna tells a story of his brother getting stuck in a trip for many days after a big dose...take that with however much salt is needed. For most people it will probably be the weirdest experience of their lives, but they'll also probably wake up fine the next day. It's hard to describe how strange a shroom trip can get, even at light doses you can be delving into your psyche and having mystical experiences that are so powerful, that I think at those extremely high doses you'd lose all sense of self but unlike Alice, you have no narrative to bring back; the Cheshire cat consumes you & vomits you out in a million particles of confused mind-pieces, shattered and disparately swirling deeper into the wierdness.

eg2505

Honorary Master
@Datura sounds quite violent episode, at sea-point
but I suppose now that you had such an experience once, you wont try to do something like that again?

what I mean, is if your limit is low, youll not go nuts and try a higher dose so quickly again?
also, do you build tolerance for such things? IE it takes you more to get the same effect, once you tried a low dose?

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Terence Mckenna tells a story of his brother getting stuck in a trip for many days after a big dose...take that with however much salt is needed. For most people it will probably be the weirdest experience of their lives, but they'll also probably wake up fine the next day. It's hard to describe how strange a shroom trip can get, even at light doses you can be delving into your psyche and having mystical experiences that are so powerful, that I think at those extremely high doses you'd lose all sense of self but unlike Alice, you have no narrative to bring back; the Cheshire cat consumes you & vomits you out in a million particles of confused mind-pieces, shattered and disparately swirling deeper into the wierdness.
Thanks. But is there a possibility of your brain saying "well ****t this, we wont be going back to reality"?

Thats my worst fear. Waking up in a mental institution after 20 years not knowing why you are there but it was actually such a bad trip that your brain decided to not go back to a normal state.

Eedubz

I've only had 1 bad experience so far, took them by myself at an outdoor party quite early in the day. Everyone else was still getting warmed up and having drinks while I had already scoffed down about 4g dried. Got extremely paranoid and was not having a great time.

Other memorable experiences have been:
3 separate occasions in Thailand (shroom shakes)
2 hikes
Once at home with a friend. This was fun, we had a shroom rooibos tea and tripped ion my couch for hours.

I read once that a shroom trip is like you're in a car crash and you're the passenger. LSD is like you're in a car crash and you're driving. I'm not sure I agree, I find both to be a bit temperamental and uncontrollable at times. Both need to be experienced though, it would change the world and the way people operate and think tremendously.

eg2505

Honorary Master
having been in a car accident as both a passenger and as a driver, neither was much fun,

is that what a shroom trip is like?

maumau

Honorary Master
Depends on the extent and nature of your ptsd. I used to micro-dose daily (depression and insomnia) every day at 7pm. It's mostly just symptomatic relief from my experience and the insomnia and depression would return a week or so after running out of shrooms (what prompted me to start growing cubensis). I stopped with shrooms quite a while back and am now on THC and CBD extracts.
@Datura. How are you finding the THC and CBD for depression?

Last edited:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I've only recently started experimenting with this. I've taken them on four occasions this past year. All trips have been enjoyable.

First experience was during the day and outside with a large group of people. I felt very relaxed and the only thing I felt was a tingling sensation all over my body. One of my female friends who had also taken came and sat on the floor in front of me and spent what felt like hours softly running her fingers over the palms of my hand. That felt amazing.

During two of the other trips I was overcome with overwhelming laughter, which was quite tricky as we ate them and then went to a bar. It was very hard to suppress. During one of the trips to the bar I was experiencing moments where it felt as if the place was empty and all I could hear was the music and it was crystal clear. Then I'd come back to a full bar and then be pulled away again. My friend said he was experiencing the same as from time to time when a new song started we would look at one another and say the song name, picking it up above everything else.

The wildest one was at a friends house and one of the more experienced guys got Youtube up on the TV and started playing music videos. One that stood out was Exxus by Glass Animals. I was standing in front of the TV and it felt like the floor was tilted and I was melting in to the screen. Likely triggered by the clay animation in the video.

The_David

Cant you change the name of the Thread to "The Shroom Room" just sounds more...Organic (see what I did there?)

saor

Honorary Master
Thanks. But is there a possibility of your brain saying "well ****t this, we wont be going back to reality"?
From a regular dose? It's highly unlikely. Assuming you've got no mental issues you'll almost definitely be fine. You take a greater risk climbing into your car than taking 2g of shrooms. Prepare for the trip, be well rested, eat clean that day, be in a comfortable & safe place and your mind will probably be much more receptive to the experience than if you just flippantly eat shrooms because you're bored one day.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Could you explain where you get your stuff and how you do it? Sorry, haven't been following the thread.