The Sports Bar

///me agrees with derek :)

///me sees this thread either doing really well or getting shot down quicktime by the mods...
 
could be a cool place to discuss random things about sport whenever you want to without having to clog up the board with new threads all the time...

TIAL, for once, i like it :)
 
Right so can we discuss how footy is the mankiest sport on the planet and played by pansies? ;)
 
You can try!

There is no discussion there!

You try playing 90 minutes of Premiership footy and see if you still think the same!
 
let's continue discussion re HK electronics. That won't work. you usually declare the items u take out before u leave at the airport. They will fine a lot of money if u dont declare. If u do, u get a R3000 tax free limit. Anything over is taxed at 30%. Buying a new laptop tonight. that's R8k already.

U can always take a chance tho. Sneaking through without having customs from stopping u. Just don't get caught.
 
let's continue discussion re HK electronics. That won't work. you usually declare the items u take out before u leave at the airport. They will fine a lot of money if u dont declare. If u do, u get a R3000 tax free limit. Anything over is taxed at 30%. Buying a new laptop tonight. that's R8k already.

U can always take a chance tho. Sneaking through without having customs from stopping u. Just don't get caught.

Oh i see. I did not know you had to declare them on the way OUT as well :(

Well then that sucks really. So your best bet is trying to sneak them in then... Ipods you could easily hide in various places I am sure..

But I know that my mate got stopped last year and he had various things like a camera and new shoes that he had bought overseas for cheap and not declared and they fined him in the region of R4000 :(
 
Yeah just need to hide it well. just take off all labels especially the pricing labels. Clothes usually are not a worry but electronics really get a lot of attention.
 
Indeed. What if you shipped the stuff back home in a big crate? Do you have to say what it is that you are shipping?
 
That I'm not sure abt but I know that u have to declare what stuff and the cost of the contents are. I might send my clothes back this way. Don't trust sending electronics back esp when u consider our dodgy post office that Ivy is partially responsible of.
 
That I'm not sure abt but I know that u have to declare what stuff and the cost of the contents are. I might send my clothes back this way. Don't trust sending electronics back esp when u consider our dodgy post office that Ivy is partially responsible of.

Indeed. It is all a bit of a poor situation. I am sure there must be ways and means though,,,
 
///me agrees with derek :)

///me sees this thread either doing really well or getting shot down quicktime by the mods...
You should realise by now there's only going to be the one, largely unmoderated, TK. ;)

Besides the overwhelming majority of posts so far arent even sports related.
 
You should realise by now there's only going to be the one, largely unmoderated, TK. ;)

Besides the overwhelming majority of posts so far arent even sports related.

hehe, I thought as much...

I still think it might be a good idea.

Not a place to talk rubbish like the TK, but a place to talk about all sorts of SPORT issues that don't really fit anywhere else...

Give it a bit of time and see if it works, then if you still hate it, you can cull it ;)

Edit: Perhaps a name-change is in order...Something like "The Sports Bar" or "The Pub" or some such to connote what exactly it is that I envisage this being used for...
 
Right so can we discuss how footy is the mankiest sport on the planet and played by pansies? ;)

:D i agree totally agree, never seen such a bunch of softies, every time someone else comes near a player he dives. Then lies on the floor and holds his ankle.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X