The Sushi lovers thread

squirrel

Expert Member
OK, surely there have to be a few on this forum? :) Anyone a fan of Sushi? What's your favourite restaurant?

The_MAC

Expert Member
In JHB - Good Taste Chinese Restaurant, Braam Fischer Square, Randburg

Try the "Special Sandwich", its very, ummm, Special..

deweyzeph

Executive Member
In Cape Town the best sushi can be found at 1820 House in Lower Main Road, Observatory. They have a rotating escalator type thing that you can pick and choose your sushi dishes off of.

saor

Honorary Master
In Cape Town the best sushi can be found at 1820 House in Lower Main Road, Observatory. They have a rotating escalator type thing that you can pick and choose your sushi dishes off of.
1890 :).
But yeah - the quality of their tuna I have yet to see elsewhere. They're generous with the fish and their vegetarian rainbow roll (with the piece of chilli on top) is arguably the best veg sushi in town, and puts most places fish sushi to shame.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
1890 :).
But yeah - the quality of their tuna I have yet to see elsewhere. They're generous with the fish and their vegetarian rainbow roll (with the piece of chilli on top) is arguably the best veg sushi in town, and puts most places fish sushi to shame.
Haha, sorry, 1890 House. I ALWAYS make that mistake! Must have the 1820 settlers stuck in my head :)

saor

Honorary Master
Heh. I always say 'lets go to 1870 or 1560' or some random number :p. This is the veg one I was talking about:

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Heh. I always say 'lets go to 1870 or 1560' or some random number :p. This is the veg one I was talking about:

Yip, I've yet to find better sushi in Cape Town, or anywhere else in South Africa for that matter.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I had bacon in my sushi in jHB at the Bedfordview Mall. :love:
Second floor chinese restaurant.
That was theeeee best I ever had.

Last edited: