The things BlackBerry has to fix

e.cachucho

Yes i agree Kosmik.
Though I think BB will start running into huge trouble when all their devices run the OS7 browser. They will have to either increase their monthly unlimited internet cost or drop it completely. It will then loose a huge advantage. Plus, it might just crash their servers having to deal with compressing all that content because people will use the browser much more than before.

wab512

I think the Blackberry is an awesome device but the biggest problem for me is the internet speed. Compression and security means nothing if it is so slow that you cannot access anything. This is the reason why I am moving to something else.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
1) Standardise screen aspect ratio across devices.
2) Make it easy and attractive to develop for BB.
3) Content is king. Sign exclusive deals with popular content providers.
4) Cheap apps/content available anywhere anytime.
5) Control the quality of apps/content like Apple does.
5) Protect the user's privacy/data.

system32

Expert Member
RIM should consider selling BES Mail and BBM via the Android, iPhone, WinPhone app stores.
Yes, it's in competition to their hardware sales - like MS does with Office for OSX.
Charge $30 per year subscription.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I think the Blackberry is an awesome device but the biggest problem for me is the internet speed. Compression and security means nothing if it is so slow that you cannot access anything. This is the reason why I am moving to something else.

Vodacom?

mcastudios

What BB are you using? I have a 9300 and get very decent 3G speeds.

Electron1

Expert Member
Vodacom has been having horrible BIS speeds of lately...
Absolutely -Just did a test with a collegue on MTN, and another on a HTC Android handset (MTN SP)
Opened www.theregister.co.uk
HTC loaded the page in 10 seconds
MTN Blackberry loaded the page in 45 seconds
Vodacom Blackberry loaded the page in 90 seconds (and sadly that was a good result for my phone - every second page just times out).

Basically on Vodacom BIS, don't bother browsing.

Web speeds are going to break Blackberry, and right now Vodacom is the worst BB service provider.

Fiza

blackberry internet is pathetic. i have a 9780 and a nokia e71. i get way better speeds with my e71 with the 3g OFF than i get with my bb with 3g on