The top programming languages in the world

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The top programming languages in the world

C remains the most popular programming language in the world, according to the Tiobe Index for February 2021.

It boasts 16.34% of market share, while its nearest competitors Java and Python have 11.29% and 10.86% market share respectively.

Benedict A55h0le

What is the hottest tech today? I would say serverless tech. Who is best with serverless tech today? I would say Microsoft. What is the best programming language for Microsoft serverless tech? I would say C#. What is the best cloud development language today? C#

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
What is the hottest tech today? I would say serverless tech. Who is best with serverless tech today? I would say Microsoft. What is the best programming language for Microsoft serverless tech? I would say C#. What is the best cloud development language today? C#
Python, Java and Javascript are all good for server less as well. I think TS was MS as well.

B-1

Expert Member

How did you come to those conclusions?

ConfusedR

And C# can be used to develop for almost anything...
- Desktop (Windows, MacOS & Linux)
- Web
- Cloud Services
- Mobile(iOS, Android, Tizen)
- IOT

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Many ways to observe the edge ;)

cguy

Executive Member
When you pick right the first time :laugh:
Indeed! I grew up on Basic and Pascal, and then moved on to C, all before I finished high school. Professionally I’ve used C++ the most, then C, Python, R, Java, and C#. Assembly and CUDA too, of course.

In all of this, I had the greatest joy/experience in C, and Python with Jupytr, with assembly as a runner up.