Things that irritate you - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
People blowing their horns the whole day, does no one have phones? If after the first beep nothing, just fskn call or fsckoff

chrisc

Executive Member
Council not collecting bins on the scheduled day
A day later, a bin diver kicked it over and when my wife told him to leave it alone (he was in our yard), he showed a knife to her and said he would cut her
Took 20 mins with spade and broom to clean it up

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
African is a skin colour... This, this is what gets to me.
What annoys me is the opposite. Africans happen to be black and people don't want to be racist, so Africans get away with what they would not have gotten away with if they were white.

Lupus

Honorary Master
What annoys me is the opposite. Africans happen to be black and people don't want to be racist, so Africans get away with what they would not have gotten away with if they were white.
Hey you can be born in Africa of any skin colour, but you'll never be African. Sort of the same as Japan or China, seems that only a few countries/continents actually will recognise a person being born there as being of that country/continent. But hey

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hey you can be born in Africa of any skin colour, but you'll never be African. Sort of the same as Japan or China, seems that only a few countries/continents actually will recognise a person being born there as being of that country/continent. But hey
Not really the same. I don't think there are many second generation+ white or any other colour people in Japan or China having kids with each other. Any non indigenous people would still be immigrants?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not really the same. I don't think there are many second generation+ white or any other colour people in Japan or China having kids with each other. Any non indigenous people would still be immigrants?
But think of the US, you're born there you're a US citizen and "American", in Japan you're born there, you're not Japanese, as Japanese people aren't the people from the islands of Japan, but a specific race, China same rule applies, even though there are the Han, Zhuang whatever, they are still Chinese, but if a pale skin is born there, they aren't Chinese.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
But think of the US, you're born there you're a US citizen and "American", in Japan you're born there, you're not Japanese, as Japanese people aren't the people from the islands of Japan, but a specific race, China same rule applies, even though there are the Han, Zhuang whatever, they are still Chinese, but if a pale skin is born there, they aren't Chinese.
Ah, I follow your thinking. So the insistence that only black people can be african by definition makes black africans racist towards all other races.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ah, I follow your thinking. So the insistence that only black people can be african by definition makes black africans racist towards all other races.
Kind nail head reasoning yeah. Think about it, if I go to the US I'm not an African American, even though technically I would be if I nationalized, but by the definition of African... I wouldn't, and lately seeing how the African word is thrown around, it's how it's viewed. If you're not black you're not African, cause a statement was made that the Nats brainwashed the people, so I said so like other African leaders do now... Wow

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Third day standing in a p.oes long queue at Std bank just to change my cell number for otp, fsck sake, hope I'll get in today.

Moving to Fnb as soon as possible.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Now the Solidarity ****tards are causing **** at my inlaws factory, threatening workers who downed tools to avoid further issues :mad:

And once again they intimidated staff in to not working by threatening vandalism in front of the police who said they could do nothing because they were outnumbered. If ever, there was an example of why it is so difficult to be a small business owner in South Africa...

Status
Not open for further replies.