Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who take long at ATM's! I cannot understand WTF is so complicated and taking so long??? It's not some new unknown technology. What could POSSIBLY be so confusing? Druk die f*kken knoppie and get on with it.

So I'm with you on this but once upon a time I was behind a guy that took literally minutes to finish his transaction. Was painful. Then when I went up I realised why - the ATM took seconds to think about every button pushed; you couldn't just punch in your pin you had to enter a number, wait a bit, enter the next one, and so on. And then it dispensed cash one bill at a time, I kid you not.
My one for today - this JHB weather. Either rain or be sunny, don't come with this middle of the road nothing weather.
 
And on the subject of ATMs, Absa's ones. Whenever I do a transaction it asks me if want to save it as a favorite transaction. I guess it's to speed up future use at the ATM so I said yes after months of ignoring the prompt. So I re-insert the card and a favorites option is nowhere to be found.

The f**k is the point of it then?

I was wondering who the fck came up with the favourite thing.

I click one option button for the amount (ex R500). Then it ask me if I want to add to fav? WTF. It's a menu option... why would i want to add the menu option (R500) to my fav? Where is the fav options (like you said)?

And their ATM's are damn slow.
 
So I was walking through the shopping mall. I nice song plays in the eye-wear shop. I go in and started trying out some Oakley's (while the song plays). Found one I like, send photo to wife (...song still playing). Wife ($$$) gives go-ahead and glasses go on counter (:cool:). Song stops halve way and skips to next. The Viking puts glasses back on shelve and walks out. The salesman must be irritated today and wish he never skipped that song.
 
Last edited:
Beggars at the traffic lights that now resort to a new tactic - when the light turns green, they stand in front of your car and demand you give them money before they move.

Sorry boet, but blocking me off isn't going to magically put a five rand coin in my wallet for me to give to you...
 
Beggars at the traffic lights that now resort to a new tactic - when the light turns green, they stand in front of your car and demand you give them money before they move.

Sorry boet, but blocking me off isn't going to magically put a five rand coin in my wallet for me to give to you...

Or the ones that scratch your car as the walk by if you don't give them anything.
 
Beggars at the traffic lights that now resort to a new tactic - when the light turns green, they stand in front of your car and demand you give them money before they move.

Sorry boet, but blocking me off isn't going to magically put a five rand coin in my wallet for me to give to you...

Happens often in Pinetown recently. I just reach for the .357 and hold it pointed away from them. Works wonders.
 
So I was walking through the shopping mall. I nice song plays in the eye-wear shop. I go in and started trying out some Oakley's (while the song plays). Found one I like, send photo to wife (...song still playing). Wife ($$$) gives go-ahead and glasses go on counter (:cool:). Song stops halve way and skips to next. The Viking puts glasses back on shelve and walks out. The salesman must be irritated today and wish he never skipped that song.

Why - is the salesman telepathic?
 
Or the ones that scratch your car as the walk by if you don't give them anything.

F**k. I would lose my cool if that had to happen. I think the ones down here are (mostly) well mannered.

Happens often in Pinetown recently. I just reach for the .357 and hold it pointed away from them. Works wonders.

Nothing like some cold hard steel to deter them :D

A part of me feels sorry for them having to stand there day in and day out but then again, how many of them just go and blow the money they get on drugs or alcohol anyways? The shelter here is R30 a night and I am sure many of them make well above that amount, judging by the scores of people that hand over their change at the traffic lights. In the situation I would rather hand them some food to eat as opposed to money that can be used for nefarious purposes
 
You NEVER stop a song in the middle. Everyone knows this.

They do?

Even if so, does not means salesman knew you had actually made decision to purchase, and then decided to cut your nose off to spite his face ;)
 
Happens often in Pinetown recently. I just reach for the .357 and hold it pointed away from them. Works wonders.

Stupid, stupid thing to say on a public forum.

EDIT: Actually, posts like the one I quoted irritate me.
 
Ah, makes sense. I'm not too experience with the people here, so I'm still learning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X