Things that please you...

PhireSide

Executive Member
Soo you expect them to negotiate when they aren't supposed to?
I do.

The amount of times people will ask you to deliver when you say collection only, or offer you R1000 when you are asking R2500 for something that's not negotiable, or ask you for the dimensions when you put them in the damned ad is too damn high.

Based on the responses I've gotten I have to suspect that reading and comprehension wasn't mandatory skills at the schools that they attended.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I do.

The amount of times people will ask you to deliver when you say collection only, or offer you R1000 when you are asking R2500 for something that's not negotiable, or ask you for the dimensions when you put them in the damned ad is too damn high.

Based on the responses I've gotten I have to suspect that reading and comprehension wasn't mandatory skills at the schools that they attended.
I see what you mean, noticed the other day of the 2 men and 7 women in our office neither of those two men know how to measure, not even with a ruler and I mean have NO idea, couldn't believe it. How do you go your life without that basic knowledge?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Soo you expect them to negotiate when they aren't supposed to?
That reminds me of the time I sold my Corsa. Listed it for R95k, got offers for R70k saying that no-one will every pay more. Sold it within a couple of hours for R94k.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That reminds me of the time I sold my Corsa. Listed it for R95k, got offers for R70k saying that no-one will every pay more. Sold it within a couple of hours for R94k.
Had that with a freezer, people offering half the price I was asking for. Telling me I'll never sell it for that price. About two weeks later bam sold for that price. Yes had to fend off a lot of people insisting it won't go for the price I asked for.
Had the same with a washing machine, in the end I did let it go for R500 less than I originally wanted to.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Had that with a freezer, people offering half the price I was asking for. Telling me I'll never sell it for that price. About two weeks later bam sold for that price. Yes had to fend off a lot of people insisting it won't go for the price I asked for.
Had the same with a washing machine, in the end I did let it go for R500 less than I originally wanted to.
Then again even though sometimes people offer ridicoulus amounts, it's up to them to always get the best deal possible and I'm sure you do the same.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Then again even though sometimes people offer ridicoulus amounts, it's up to them to always get the best deal possible and I'm sure you do the same.
There are reasonable offers and there are silly ones. I mean they come in at half the price you asked for, no neg type thing.

gamer16

Honorary Master
There are reasonable offers and there are silly ones. I mean they come in at half the price you asked for, no neg type thing.
Yeah, some people aren't too good at it, you say 10 they say 5 you say no they say 7 you say yes. If dumb is selling to dumber one says 10 the other says 5 and one accepts, especially if you are crafty.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah, some people aren't too good at it, you say 10 they say 5 you say no they say 7 you say yes. If dumb is selling to dumber one says 10 the other says 5 and one accepts, especially if you are crafty.
I do expect a bit of back and forth when it comes to that, if I do put price neg on the listing. Happened with my Polo, the washing machine and perhaps some PC parts over the course of the years.

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
People who don't try and negotiate when the ad you place states 'not negotiable'
^ Is that you Mr Barnier ?

Is that you Boris ?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
T mobile prepaid. 50 dollars a month for unlimited text, call and lte data.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I'll maybe negotiate down by 5 or 10 percent when I see the item isn't in the exact same condition they have advertised it as, but I also won't BS the guy by offering him less than half just because I can see he might be struggling or going through a hard time in life.

If a guy tells me he will give me R200 for my item listed at R250 because it's a year old then that I see as fair. If he tries to BS me and tells me that he can get a brand new identical item for R250 so his offer is R50 he can FO and go buy himself a new one and stop wasting my time.

McT

The Humble Scot!
There is a glimmer of hope in my household. A sliver from a ray of sunshine. Right now, I will take it. We need to get a wi-fi extender and we can do a trial on a streaming service. Netflix or the like. The cost of DStv is a major factor for me. I love live sport. But I can do without it for a wee saving. Besides, I can find alternatives that are far more reasonable. Hope springs eternal.

Lupus

Honorary Master
There is a glimmer of hope in my household. A sliver from a ray of sunshine. Right now, I will take it. We need to get a wi-fi extender and we can do a trial on a streaming service. Netflix or the like. The cost of DStv is a major factor for me. I love live sport. But I can do without it for a wee saving. Besides, I can find alternatives that are far more reasonable. Hope springs eternal.
W-fi extenders can suck, so maybe try getting it a cable?