Things that please you...

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Found a working DesignJet T520. Still good, printing qualitay is good.

Printed a poster or two, before its ink ran out. Hehehehe.

edit : scrounged around, found brand new ink cartridges - resumed poster printing! (no, not nudes!!!)

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
When people understand gravity and do not twist the bread packet, and then stand the bread, upside down on the twist. Oh wait - that never happens.
/decides whether to eat the damaged slice or not
/decides to leave it for the guilty party

Splinter

Honorary Master
Just started using my Fitorch MR15. Used a credit on Takealot to purchase it. This tiny little torch is simply amazing.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Sharan all assembled and ready to go. (Cleaned all the airflow sensors and overhauled the alternator).

Now all we are waiting for is a replacement engine mounting. Without it we can't proceed putting it all together and starting it for the first time.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Things that please you...
Nowadays, not much. A little ray of sunshine is my newfound appreciation of neat gin. It was procured in a Valpre bottle. Yep. These are the new norms that we must adjust to and appreciate. I am told it was home-brewed. I may be wrong. The point of this pointless ramble is that I like this gin; neat. No ice. No other swill added to dilute its somewhat acrid taste.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Sharan all assembled and ready to go. (Cleaned all the airflow sensors and overhauled the alternator).

Now all we are waiting for is a replacement engine mounting. Without it we can't proceed putting it all together and starting it for the first time.
So no mountings available. No wonder a lot of Sharans are available for stripping.

So. Got another mounting (from a BMW) which is more or less the same, and we made it fit. No ifs and buts, or other funny business, it fits like the original.

Happy camper.

Reactions: McT

McT

The Humble Scot!
That moment when you get Origin to download on your daughter's new laptop :love:

Some background...

It is a refurb T450 with a new SSD in it. Windows 10 is the temperamental OS. It replaces her laptop taken by cretins who broke into our place in curfew hours and selectively helped themselves to all our electronics. Sims 4 is the only major game she plays. She did several major chores to get it and several expansion packs. Origin won't dl. Meh!

Tried older versions. Same error messages. More meh! Google. Tells me we should try a different browser. Nope. Still meh! Google some more. Reddit has some useful threads. It is a longstanding problem it seems after a fresh install of W10. Google the files in the error messages (perhaps where I should have started). DL these and try the same Origin file again.

Bob's your uncle!

My first-born is ecstatic! And so am I. WooT!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I initially did a P to V to run my workstation on Oracle Virtual Box, then migrated the VDI to VHD with vBoxMange, then converted the VHD to a VHDX with Hyper-V, then ran that on a NVMe, then copied it over to my HDD and now I am cloning the VHDX on the HDD to the NVMe running directly attached to the Hyper-V instance.

Kinda cool how the concept of a computer and storage became pretty meta these days.

1598035372253.png