Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy A50?

JJRM

Besides for one or two comments I've found searching here, for Samsung Galaxy A50 owners, what has your experiences been thus far?

Specs seems superior to my old faithful Huawei Mate 7 currently still in use. Considering a change now.

Assume Telkom Mobile has the 128GB/4GB RAM dual SIM variant?

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
My wife has the A30 and I am really impressed with that, better phone than my S7E
I'll likely sidegrade to A series when my phone eventually dies.

chefdude98

Expert Member
My wife has the A30 and I am really impressed with that, better phone than my S7E
I'll likely sidegrade to A series when my phone eventually dies.
I have the A30.

I think the price should drop to R3500.

The first rhing I did was install Nova Launcher and reduce animations.

It is a lot faster.

I couldn't choose between the Huawei P Smart and the A30.

Huawei seems to use faster processors, slightly better speaker output and slightly better cameras but their build quality is kak.

Samsung build quality is still miles ahead Huawei (in the budget ~~Midrange segment).

mobiletechehlp

Well i had many thoughts upon the subject but somewhat related, as the solution is for Bypass frp Samsung Galaxy S7 , and i think it might me similar to your problem ? so look upon the details and resolve your queries and don't procrastinate on future thoughts.

game@holic

I have the a50 for a few weeks now. For its price it's a great phone so far. Some minor gripes (though they seem to be improving with software updates:

- Fingerprint scanner isn't very accurate. I use a pin or face unlock though
- the camera seems to be improving on updates but sometimes the pics look like they have a lot of processing.
- I wish there was a notification LED
- still too new to find a decent cover as yet but those should come soon.

The things I love:

- Battery life is amazing. I use it moderate to heavy and can get about 2 days with moderate use and 1.5 with heavy.
- The one UI is very similar to the S10 and I love the dark themes
- its slim and light. Some may or may not like that its plastic but If it were to fall you wont have a heart attack compared to a expensive device like an S10 with a glass back.
- I have a 256gb sd card. My last phone was 32gigs with no expandable memory
- it had a headphone Jack.

1nsane!

Very cool phone for the price you pay. Fingerprint sensor is not great and sometimes the touch screen feels a bit unresponsive. Otherwise all good

game@holic

One thing I actually find very useful and wish was available on flagship phones. This phone has a radio. For someone who sits at the office this is a really handy feature. I wonder why many Samsung flagships skip this feature

chefdude98

Expert Member
One thing I actually find very useful and wish was available on flagship phones. This phone has a radio. For someone who sits at the office this is a really handy feature. I wonder why many Samsung flagships skip this feature
Countries outside SA have access to affordable internet & fm radio is dying in most countries.

Streaming services & podcasts have replaced fm radio in more "1st world countries".

ORA

Just got my A 50, I am impressed even if its not a top ender. I have a P9 Huawei that's starting to give issues, when using the camera it switches off, could be a motherboard issue. Tired of expensive top end stuff now.
So so far this is lekker little unit. I haven't set the finger print scanner up yet or face recognition, still on the first charge, but loaded everything up by itself......
I hope I wont be back with some negativity

Nixnax

Besides for one or two comments I've found searching here, for Samsung Galaxy A50 owners, what has your experiences been thus far?

Specs seems superior to my old faithful Huawei Mate 7 currently still in use. Considering a change now.

Assume Telkom Mobile has the 128GB/4GB RAM dual SIM variant?
Much the same as J7 Pro, which is great bang for buck.

Bigfoot ZA

Just got my A 50, I am impressed even if its not a top ender. I have a P9 Huawei that's starting to give issues, when using the camera it switches off, could be a motherboard issue. Tired of expensive top end stuff now.
So so far this is lekker little unit. I haven't set the finger print scanner up yet or face recognition, still on the first charge, but loaded everything up by itself......
I hope I wont be back with some negativity
I'm about 90% sure it's your battery. Mine did it in the first year when I replaced the battery the phone is like new again. That being said I had a bit more battery drain than usable, and every time I use the camera, even from 60% the phone would die.

So my first bet for you would be a battery swop will give you a new phone.

ORA

I'm about 90% sure it's your battery. Mine did it in the first year when I replaced the battery the phone is like new again. That being said I had a bit more battery drain than usable, and every time I use the camera, even from 60% the phone would die.

So my first bet for you would be a battery swop will give you a new phone.
Well i also think it was the battery, but i had to make a fast decision and couldn't mess around. I was also due for a new phone, but hope the P9 would have lasted longer. It is what it is and i recon i made a great choice. Well i aint disappointed yet. Only had an issue with the Imap/Pop for email, but they sorted that out quick, i was on the wrong icon.

upup

Executive Member
I am thinking of getting it for my wife, I am a bit worried about the a80 flip camera, but lot of phone use flip cameras now

Ares1000101

Do any of you have updated thoughts on the camera?
My gf needs an upgrade and wants a decent camera, this is the only phone to fit the budget.