Three rivers FIBRE availability!!

Aubrey Smith

Hello to everyone on broadband, hope all is well.

I have asked in the past but I really need n clear answer towards fibre. I want to know if there is any isp serving fibre in three rivers or is soon going to be, but I had no luck finding any answers.

I know SA dark digital villages have a fibre pipe for businesses running trough rissiville vereeniging and its literally just beside me, a few isp told me in March it will be 5 months then I will be able to have fibre but there was no luck

Genisys

Honorary Master

I have asked in the past but I really need n clear answer towards fibre. I want to know if there is any isp serving fibre in three rivers or is soon going to be, but I had no luck finding any answers.

I know SA dark digital villages have a fibre pipe for businesses running trough rissiville vereeniging and its literally just beside me, a few isp told me in March it will be 5 months then I will be able to have fibre but there was no luck
What percentage of your area is interested in Fibre?

Aubrey Smith

What percentage of your area is interested in Fibre?
And there is also alot of people trying to get fibre for years now and most of them.just gave up because they thought telkom does installation and laying of fibre so most people dont even bother to sign up on pages and notify me when fibre is available

Yirhu

Don't they have shops nearby selling all bran rusks, there should be a lot of fibre in those. Jokes aside but it seems to me that vaal is hopeless when it comes to fibre. I don't even have proper 3.5G connection let alone 4G on telkom in Vanderbijlpark.

Genisys

Honorary Master
And there is also alot of people trying to get fibre for years now and most of them.just gave up because they thought telkom does installation and laying of fibre so most people dont even bother to sign up on pages and notify me when fibre is available
Right in there lays the problem. Companies want to see numbers before they consider rolling out. The can't roll out to a neighbourhood of 200 houses and only 5 households take up fibre, to a company that means they will never even break even. Get people to show interest on the websites of various fibre providers and you might see fibre being rolled out, otherwise its probably never going to happen. People won't know that you want fibre if you don't tell them.

Aubrey Smith

Don't they have shops nearby selling all bran rusks, there should be a lot of fibre in those. Jokes aside but it seems to me that vaal is hopeless when it comes to fibre. I don't even have proper 3.5G connection let alone 4G on telkom in Vanderbijlpark.
Wow my man just made my day . Same as well I had lte with cell c constant 8mb line constant, but then all of the sudden it fell away and I was getting speed up to 3 mb that was really upsetting and hard to accept

Aubrey Smith

Right in there lays the problem. Companies want to see numbers before they consider rolling out. The can't roll out to a neighbourhood of 200 houses and only 5 households take up fibre, to a company that means they will never even break even. Get people to show interest on the websites of various fibre providers and you might see fibre being rolled out, otherwise its probably never going to happen. People won't know that you want fibre if you don't tell them.
You see people always aske and ask about fibre most of them.have no idea how to sign up I have already show my neighbors and people close to me friends an familiy but other people don't know how to. There wasn company a while pack that was standing around in the mall letting people sign and show intrest in where they wanted fibre. Not be sounding like a jerk or anything but there was a lot of people signing up and most of them is waiting on that company

And to be honest you know that vaal is heavy in wireless internet services I see everyday how more people are getting it because telkom is full of crap and fibre is nowhere close coming to us. If there is any sign of fibre being laid in our area trust me people will come flying in because wireless internet.is waaaayy to much costly wise and maintenance.
So when they lay fibre its just a matter of time in a year they will have breaken even

rayblacktel

See https://blacktel.aex.co.za/coverage fibre coming to your area