Tips for picking the right web browser

F

Fudzy

Apple’s Safari could be of interest for any PC user who also has an iPhone.
Doesn't the iPhone have Chrome now? I know the iPad does.

To me, Google is where I settled my digital presence so staying within it's eco-system is always first choice.

MickZA

Executive Member
Google has gone a step further with its Chrome browser. Anyone logging in with it can carry bookmarks and passwords across multiple computers, smartphones and tablets. The drawback is that Google picks up a lot of personal data in the process.
:confused: Firefox has had sync for ages and I think IE now has something similar (not sure as I don't use it much).

purpleonlineadmin

I'm down with Opera. I use all browsers for dev purposes, incl. Safari and mobile browser emulators.

1. Opera even though some developers tend to lack developing for it, or is usually the last to be adopted.
2. Google Chrome & Firefox, FF tends to just bloat up memory sometimes.
3. IE10 & Safari

Everything else is just meh!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I'm down with Opera.
+1 for all the reasons you mentioned. I have been using it since version 3 when tabs were still a mind bending concept.

I just hope the switch from Presto to Webkit will make it slightly faster. Running Opera on a sub 20W PC is not as slick as Chrome when it comes to typical Web 2.0 sites like Facebook, Youtube and Gmail.

Musicmp3

Safari on iPad is very good - yet to try on PC. I use Firefox. Google Chrome has a layout that does not really appeal to me.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Tried Opera 15 yesterday, the one based on [-]webkit[/-] Blink. It is still way too alpha, feels like Chrome and even identifies itself as Chrome 28.

dabbler

Expert Member
I'm trying 'Next Browser' on my phone. Nice fast browser, created by Go Launcher Team.