TopTV problems affecting installations

DELEVEX

It's sad but unfortunately true.

Installers subsidized all TopTV installations since they started up. On a few occasions we've had issues with payments, but it was always resolved. Under the circumstances it's very risky to supply and install equipment without a guarantee for payment, hence the reluctance to continue. "If" and yes it's only "if" they liquidate in the near future, creditors will have to stand in a very looooong queue to recover any outstanding payments and I'm really not in the mood for queues just before Christmas!

Twista

really sad story for ll of us.

More channels of James Fckuing BOND 009999!

On the face of it, Multichoice screwed TopTV from the beginning, going and taking all sports channels. Lets face it, a lot of the public relies on good soccer and rugby. Without that, they were dead in the water.

How many Bollywood channels can they freaking buy? lol..

Nuro

Expert Member
Sport was never an issue with me. The dismal billing system of TopTV finally drove me away.

BGE

Expert Member
Wonder if this spells the end for TopTV? If you ask me the choice of programming was flawed from the get go. I take it there will be no improvement in the channel selection for the next 12 months, which means I'm moving over to DSTV shortly.

AshTV

If TopTV shutdowns or declares bankruptcy. What happens to its subscribers?

chrisc

Executive Member
If TopTV shutdowns or declares bankruptcy. What happens to its subscribers?
Then they watch blank screens. Liquidation is just that, try and salvage money for creditors, not cause more expense

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Sport was never an issue with me. The dismal billing system of TopTV finally drove me away.
I called them and told them to cancel the debit order, I'll pay it myself. Set up a recurring payment and was set (till about 3 months later when I cancelled it as we were possibly at the very most using it for an hour a month).

cozinsky

Expert Member
The writing is on the wall for Top TV. Just read HelloPeter to see installers complaining for not getting paid. Top TV is a second Neotel. They both suffer from the same shortcomings and incompetence and need to take a lesson from this. If you want to take on the market leaders (Multichoice, Telkom etc), you should not come with some half baked product. Couple that with bad customer service, billing issues etc and you have a recipe for disaster. Top TV's programs were never on good standard and to this day no HD TV, no PVR's, no sport. Who in his right mind will sign up for Top TV?

soorae

If Any one from Top Tv is reading this. I can get you out of the red. Reply to this thread and lets chat.