TopTV Voice and Picture Delay

RichardG

Honorary Master
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
11,700
Reaction score
34
Location
Johannesburg/Jozzi South Africa
I have only had the time on my hands now to test drive toptv and so far I can say I am experiencing a few problems

When watching majority of channels the Voice sync and Picture are delayed by 2seconds and is quiet irritating from E-tv,frach news, etc on all channels.

Anyone also having the same issues.
 
Mmmm what did you use to measure that sound delay ? 2sec ? Maybe u need to seat next to the tv ... Lol , ok trying to go to menu-settings - audio there you wil see audio delaying settings then change to the lowest number maybe it wil help . I am enjoying my top tv...
 
When they talking their lips do not sync in the same time as the picture - I will try and edit those settings and see if I manage to come right other than that I am enjoying the service and going to buy another decoder sometime during the week
 
I've noticed the same. The lowest you can change the settings to is 20s.
 
I have also noticed a slight delay but havent played around with the settings, I am sure that once they get their staff back to their proper jobs (instead of manning the call centre) they will look into the minor technical glitches and update the software.

Is it only me that finds the EPG display hard to read? - if it were a light background with dark text it would be better - hopefully they will give us some option for changing the EPG colours soon.
 
I can confirm I cannot barely read the EPG - I need to be next to the tv in order to see but still I cannot view it properly.

I am sure they've taken note - of the EPG - hopefully thell push an upgrade end of the month - Colour needs to be changed seriously
 
I can confirm I cannot barely read the EPG - I need to be next to the tv in order to see but still I cannot view it properly.

I am sure they've taken note - of the EPG - hopefully thell push an upgrade end of the month - Colour needs to be changed seriously

Agreed please make the fonts bigger on a stronger contrast, get rid of the TopTv logo, we know who we are paying
 
Or at the very least make the logo smaller........ Give us more space to view the text.

An alternative would be to actually USE that space to show what is actually on the channel you're currently scrolling past.
 
I have only had the time on my hands now to test drive toptv and so far I can say I am experiencing a few problems

When watching majority of channels the Voice sync and Picture are delayed by 2seconds and is quiet irritating from E-tv,frach news, etc on all channels.

Anyone also having the same issues.

I'm not seeing this issue ... are you using the RCA, SPDIF or RF audio output?

2 seconds is a quite a large delay. Did you time it or is that just an estimate? Does the problem look slight or very noticeable?
 
Last edited:
Please can someone post the video and pics of all channels as they are on Top TV?
 
The problem is very noticeable - I am using the RF cables.

Take Note - I am using a 74 CM tv, I am not using a LCD - Maybe the view of EPG looks much better on a bigger scale :))) I wonder how it looks on a 54cm tv.

Will hook it up to my LCD tomorrow.

Can someone please tell me their signal quality - I am getting 70%- I am assuming a crappy LNB was installed.

The delay is roughly a second or 2 or MS.

My friend down the road is also having the same issue.
 
Last edited:
The problem is very noticeable - I am using the RF cables.

Take Note - I am using a 74 CM tv, I am not using a LCD - Maybe the view of EPG looks mnuch better on a bigger scale :))) I wonder how it looks on a 54cm tv.

Will hook it up to my LCD tomorrow.

Can someone please tell me their single quality - I am getting 70%- I am assuming a crappy LNB was installed.

The delay is roughly a second or 2 or MS.

My friend down the road is also having the same issue.

EPG on a 54cm TV looks terrible can't read it at all. Only other issue I have is that my reception is slightly out, with slight wavy lines across the screen at times
 
I am not getting any wavy lines - during the rain my picture aint effected at all.I am not on the most expensive package as yet as I want to test drive their service first hand.

EPG ------ Should be changed to a bigger font/colour changed for reminders/planner a sound should play for a few seconds to remind you what is shown. I am not worried to scroll down, I actually feel sorry for people using a 54CM ---- I actually have to walk up to the tv to actually see what is shown on the EPG

Another thing that should be addressed is under menu-settings-user setup- edit favourites is to allow as many favourite channels as wanted noticed their is a limit and would like to have the option to change the numbers to my desire - like TopOne channel 1 - etc
 
Does this mean I call out the installer again to fix the picture issues I have?
 
Tell me your signal level - and what the quality of the picture is.
Go under the setup - and what Sirus are you using ? I am using G2 - make sure there is no obstruction in the way... I have clear View of the sky without a tree in the way
 
just wondering, since the installers are coming to do my installation as of tommorow, having read most threads regarding toptv.
im thinking would it be possible for the installers to use my Quad LNB (4way LNB) for TTV since im getting rid of the PACE HDPVR. for future purpose or as to whether i dedicde next week to get an extra decoder.
How Possible can this be?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X