Torrent tracker needed!

acidrain

Executive Member
Hi guys,

Im hoping someone here can help me with installing a torrent tracker server on my pc for use on our network.

The pc specs are:
Webserver: WampServer currently running a webpage.

I have googled and now have run out, or at least can't find trackers.

The following trackers i have attempted to install.

1. TorrentTrader: Unfortunately after following installs, I dont seem to get a frontend view... aslo it asks me to enable "short_tag"

2. Bxtit: Installed np but upon testing the tracker ( http://(my server ip)/announce.php ) i get an error on the status. Failed: Torrent is not authorised to use this tracker.

3. FL... ( cant recall the full name ): Gave up on this very quick when it started spitting out MySql (upon uploading/installing the db) errors which i spent hours trying to fix with no success.

All the above problems I have searched for but most the solutions did not help me so im wondering who here has successfully run a torrent server and on what specs is it running.

Thanks a bunch and hope this doesn't stump alot of you :eek:

Last edited:

acidrain

Executive Member
*bump*

Hours of googling and playing around, but got my torrent site running.

shOrty

I don't know which is currently the best/easiest frontend and backend trackers, but I messed around with this stuff about 2 years ago..

Some of the trackers I tried were:
  • ts_v_1_3_7_by_xam - My favourite, a heavily modded version of TB :D (Below)
  • TorrentBits - A nice clean user friendly system
  • Btit - easy to set up, but not the nicest frontend
  • Torrent Trader Classic - Easy to set up, hate the frontend :sick:
  • Torrent Hoster
  • Txore
  • Ibitzy

If you need help or want to read up about these and get the latest releases of some of the more underground trackers I would suggest going to filesoup.com. Check out the tracker software section, Im sure there are loads of newer and better trackers available. Hope this helps :rolleyes: