Tracking a consumer complaint at ICASA

marco

Expert Member
MTN
would not be liable for any loss or damage suffered due to the
Network not being suspended. (clause 6.3).

This is what Veronica sent me today. She is from the legal Dept. and does not read my emails properly. The dam SIM WAS suspended. She will not send me a bill as she knows that they are wrong. This can be seen in the bill if only she will send it to me. I got a bill for 26 months and now I can't??? She is obviously hiding the fact that the SIM was suspended since September.

marco

Expert Member
Why don't you just send them your ID for the bills?
No. She wants the signee of the contract to send it. I pay the bill and don't know were the signee is.
He has ducked to JHB from Cape Town.
I have now sent the big boss at ICASA an email stating that their Complaint email address does not work. I also added a link to this website.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Well - I guess you'll be stuck with the legal route.

ICASA are useless - no point in them existing.

MTN - see above comment on ICASA.

MVGL

@Marco - stop faffing around. Go to he closest SAPS and lay a charge of theft against them. Quick, simple and easy. You are paying your taxes .. right ;)

Anthro

Expert Member
Just had an idea, why not search LinkedIn for people who work at ICASA.. and start communicating (somehow) with them directly ?

marco

Expert Member
Just had an idea, why not search LinkedIn for people who work at ICASA.. and start communicating (somehow) with them directly ?
Read the post. I did send the CEO of ICASA an email. No reply. I wonder if ICASA is paid by the Gov. ??

marco

Expert Member
@Marco - stop faffing around. Go to he closest SAPS and lay a charge of theft against them. Quick, simple and easy. You are paying your taxes .. right ;)
Can't do that. I get a docket number. Then what?

Voldemort

Death eater
To summarize my complaint with corrections:
1. 24 Month TopUp contract ends 9 Sept. 2010. R217 for R150.00 airtime. R67.00 is the "device" part and R150.00 is for the airtime.
2. As I pay in advance, my last payment should be 1 month earlier.
3. This is a 3rd party account and the signee has disappeared. I cannot stop the contract. Only the signee can do so.
4. Send MTN email query to stop the "device" part and carry on with the airtime part. No answer to date.
5. Another deduction from my bank account end of September for device plus airtime for October.
6. I allow this payment but query it. No response to date.
7. Another deduction for device plus airtime end of Oct. which I reverse and my SIM gets suspended immediately. Still had R100.00 on it. Lock the SIM in my safe.
8. Get a lawyers in Nov. Letter backdated 15 days stating that the signee will get listed on ITC after 7 days from date if not paid !!!
9. MTN rep on mybroadband sends me PM that I have been removed from their system and no more charges will be made.10. I finally get hold of the signee and he gives MTN written notice of cancellation in Dec. He gets told that amounts are outstanding including the latest invoice for January. R67.00 for device and R150 for airtime again.
11. He pays all outstanding amounts as he does not want to get blacklisted and now wants to get the money back from me.
I told you that i had called the credit controller on the account and that your banking details had been removed as a method of payment and that you would no longer have to foot the bill- i said that no more charges would be made to your bank account, doesnt mean the contract goes up in a puff of smoke, we need to get hold of the person that signed for this contract, you have made it VERY difficult to do so:mad:

marco

Expert Member
Thanks Snakepit,
Yes, you told me that my banking details had been removed and I don't have to foot the bill. But why when the person that signed for the account went to cancel it in Dec was charged over R1 000.00 for "Unpaid Bills"? Now I must pay it back.
If only you can answer me this:
And we are all waiting for this answer.
Why if a contract is R300 for a 24 month contract for a BB phone and R150 airtime pm should I keep paying R300 AFTER 24 months? THIS IS MY PROBLEM. It is a 2 part contract. One for the "Device" and one for the "Airtime". The "device" part should have fallen away after 24 months but it did not.
I dare you to answer this.

marco

Expert Member
I must add this:
When I went to Longbeach Mall MTN to query this and my wife asked them:
If the signee dies, will I have to pay for the rest of my life?
Believe you me, he said "yes"

Voldemort

Death eater
Thanks Snakepit,
Yes, you told me that my banking details had been removed and I don't have to foot the bill. But why when the person that signed for the account went to cancel it in Dec was charged over R1 000.00 for "Unpaid Bills"? Now I must pay it back.
If only you can answer me this:
And we are all waiting for this answer.
Why if a contract is R300 for a 24 month contract for a BB phone and R150 airtime pm should I keep paying R300 AFTER 24 months? THIS IS MY PROBLEM. It is a 2 part contract. One for the "Device" and one for the "Airtime". The "device" part should have fallen away after 24 months but it did not.
I dare you to answer this.
Nice try, but im no longer responding as a rep here so im not gonna get dragged into thissss...

marco

Expert Member
I have just received my Nov. billing covertly. Don't ask me how. There are no calls made in Nov. as Veronica said there was.
I now have my bill and Veronica's email as evidence.
Snakepit has now slithered back down to his hole as well. He does not like me and has said that I am a pest in a PM.
Perhaps he knows that I won an overbilling case against MTN 2 years ago.

marco

Expert Member
Finally, Nomapesi Maruta at webmastermtnsp.co.za has replied asking for my cell number. Perhaps we can get somewhere now.
ICASA has still not replied despite another email yesterday.
I sent Veronica from the legal Dept. an email stating that I had got my detailed billing for Nov. and contrary to her, there are NO calls made??? She has not replied. Wonder why?

Thugscub

Expert Member
Keep going, do not give up, shaft these corporate asses.

They hope you will just pay up no matter how much in the wrong they are.

When i was still training SCUBA divers, i should have drowned half of these corporate schmocks.

ellipsis

Ellipsis Regulatory Solutions
Company Rep
Reminder that this thread is meant to be tracking a complaint sent to ICASA. Other matters can be dealt with in other threads. Please keep on track.

So the short answer is that ICASA is not replying to their consumer email address. I will follow up on this together with a link to this thread, and see if we can get a response as to why the system is failing and how they plan to address this.