travel stories

46Female

Expert Member
do you have any travel stories you can share?
I hadn't travelled in a while and for my 40th Birthday I decided to go on holiday and at the time the cheapest place was Thailand. I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. as I was waiting to go through both my shoes havaianas flops broke and I had to walk around with socks on.

Last edited:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
do you have any travel stories you can share?
I hadn't travelled in a while and for my 40th Birthday I decided to go on holiday and at the time the cheapest place was Thailand. I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. as I was waiting to go through both my shoes havaianas flops broke and I had to walk around with socks on.
I went a few years back to Splashy Fen, there wasn't any rain forcasted but my second night it went sub zero and rained pretty bad during the second day.

The only shoes I had were my sneakers, and the place was wet and cold, to avoid wet frozen feet I put my socks on then strategically placed plastic bags in my shoes go protect my feet without bringing attention to the fact that I have plastic bags on my feet.

It worked like a charm.

animal531

Expert Member
Once went to the dam, and it rained so hard that all our flipflops turned into 10cm platformers.

scudsucker

Executive Member
protect my feet without bringing attention to the fact that I have plastic bags on my feet.

It worked like a charm.
Because all the hippies were laughing at the fact you were even wearing shoes, they didnt notice the plastic "secret" socks...

lowriderza

Expert Member
I went a few years back to Splashy Fen, there wasn't any rain forcasted but my second night it went sub zero and rained pretty bad during the second day.

The only shoes I had were my sneakers, and the place was wet and cold, to avoid wet frozen feet I put my socks on then strategically placed plastic bags in my shoes go protect my feet without bringing attention to the fact that I have plastic bags on my feet.

It worked like a charm.
AH Splashy Fen. I think it was the 2002 or 2003 one where it also rained cats and dogs. To make matters worse we had numerous vehicle breakdowns on the way there and back.

We arrived there early evening and the gate area had turned into a muddy slip 'n slide for vehicles and people, but we eventually made camp.

Everything was damp but it caused a funny situation onstage. They had these huge stage lights left and right and they were running super hot. So as I was playing super close to these lights steam started coming of me in little wisps. The other guys in the band kept on looking over and loosing it.

SaucePlz

Some friends recently went to the Crocodile river for a getaway and were told to NOT swim in the river. You know, because crocodiles. Apparently the kid put his foot in a 'puddle' and was accordingly considered a snack by the closest dinosaur. Pics may not be suitable for those with a weak constitution.
IMG-20210911-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210911-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210911-WA0002.jpg

randomcat

Expert Member

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Because all the hippies were laughing at the fact you were even wearing shoes, they didnt notice the plastic "secret" socks...
You could tell which were people from Durban and which were the people from the Highveld. Durban people were the ones wearing thick Jackets and beanies, the vaalies were moving around with sleeveless shirts.