Turn down that music before you go deaf

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Sorry what? I can't hear you!

Damn nanny organisation that the WHO are these days....

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I can't. I already listen to 702.

And that "stuff" they play on most mainstream radio stations nowadays isn't music.

TheGrimReaperUH

HAHAHA My father went half deaf this because he listened to music so loud... He continually warned me about listening to music loud.... And after all those warnings... I still blast my music :D! Somethings are just worth suffering for. Music would probably be one of the best.

And yes I know I will end up deaf/half-deaf but honestly now thinking back on it... Worth it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Since it has been mentioned already...

[video=youtube;HMUDVMiITOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU[/video]

Gudnews

No doubt about, there's going to be a generation of hearing impaired gogos and papas. As an avid listener I advise agaisnt those in ear earphones. Make sure there's fresh air between speaker and eardrum.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
And yes I know I will end up deaf/half-deaf but honestly now thinking back on it... Worth it.

Speaking as someone who was completely deaf, then half-dead and has been slowly losing his hearing over time, no. No, it's not worth it. Being deaf sucks, because very few people know sign language and when I tell people that I'm partially deaf they suddenly talk louder as if that's going to solve everything. As you grow older and hard of hearing, you'll also experience losses in the pitches that you can pick up, so Chop Suey now sounds great, but over time you'll be adjusting the volume higher to compensate for the loss in the pitch levels you can pick up, so you're just accelerating the process.

I would give anything, to be able to hear in stereo and without issue.

Also, with more people choosing to work past their traditional retirement years to 70 or even 80 years of age, having functional hearing at that time will be to your benefit. No amount of surgery will bring it back once those nerves are deadened.

What music? I can't hear anything over this tinnitus.

Mine's just come round for the day to annoy the crap out of me for the next four hours. Sigh.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Speaking as someone who was completely deaf, then half-dead and has been slowly losing his hearing over time, no. No, it's not worth it. Being deaf sucks, because very few people know sign language and when I tell people that I'm partially deaf they suddenly talk louder as if that's going to solve everything. As you grow older and hard of hearing, you'll also experience losses in the pitches that you can pick up, so Chop Suey now sounds great, but over time you'll be adjusting the volume higher to compensate for the loss in the pitch levels you can pick up, so you're just accelerating the process.

I would give anything, to be able to hear in stereo and without issue.

Also, with more people choosing to work past their traditional retirement years to 70 or even 80 years of age, having functional hearing at that time will be to your benefit. No amount of surgery will bring it back once those nerves are deadened.

Mine's just come round for the day to annoy the crap out of me for the next four hours. Sigh.
You have just explained why everything except black Sabbath is getting worse to me as I get older.

Seriously though, I weren't almost completely deaf as a kid because of some weird thing with wax buildup in my ears. A couple of pills later and I was very freaked out by the world of sound. 30 years later and I'm more than half deaf and it requires surgery. I'm not that uncomfortable with being deaf.