Turn down that music before you go deaf

bromster

Executive Member
Pfffft. I have been listening to loud music for years, both in ear at gym and in my car. I still pass my aviation medical with near-perfect hearing.

dekana

Gosh... people in Mybb are so old..

i know a guy who is 24 and who is now hard of hearing because he was an idiot with playing his headphones too loud.... I guess he is "so old" too isnt he?

*facepalm*

zizo911

Executive Member
i know a guy who is 24 and who is now hard of hearing because he was an idiot with playing his headphones too loud.... I guess he is "so old" too isnt he?

*facepalm*
24 is actually old...

Stokstert

Executive Member
They have the same attitude as smokers by saying I can handle it until it's too late. So I suggest to give them more cigarettes then they won't be around anymore when they are deaf.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
I'm not that uncomfortable with being deaf.

I've grown into it and sometimes use it to my advantage, but I'm very aware of how much I'm not noticing because of it. I once got knocked over by a car approaching from my right and I didn't hear it at all. I've also got a few losses in pitch and I struggle to hear some people speak because their voices fall into the pitch range that I struggle with. My loss of hearing was from German Measles while in the womb, so when I was born I had no hearing at all.

koeks525

Expert Member
LMAO.... I have lost some of my hearing to blasting music on loud, on my headphones :D K-Pop was just too good!!

I don't blast music on my headphones anymore...I aim for 50% volume most of the time....

falcon786

Honorary Master
I've grown into it and sometimes use it to my advantage, but I'm very aware of how much I'm not noticing because of it. I once got knocked over by a car approaching from my right and I didn't hear it at all. I've also got a few losses in pitch and I struggle to hear some people speak because their voices fall into the pitch range that I struggle with. My loss of hearing was from German Measles while in the womb, so when I was born I had no hearing at all.

Eish that sucks man but glad you got some hearing after all.... How did it recover and at what age?

I lost my left ear to mumps when I was young was accompanied by lots of zinging, fortunately for me though my other ear has become ultra sensitive to sound so I appear normal and can sometimes even hear things others miss. The only time I ever battle is when trying to figure out the direction a sound came from I sometimes have to turn my head quickly in order to pin point the direction.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I like to turn the volume high when using my headphones. I should probably start trying to get used to a lower volume level, which will suck because I like to feel like the music is being performed in front of me.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Eish that sucks man but glad you got some hearing after all.... How did it recover and at what age?

I lost my left ear to mumps when I was young was accompanied by lots of zinging, fortunately for me though my other ear has become ultra sensitive to sound so I appear normal and can sometimes even hear things others miss. The only time I ever battle is when trying to figure out the direction a sound came from I sometimes have to turn my head quickly in order to pin point the direction.

I recovered hearing after having fluid drained out of my ears using grommets, which is the second most vivid image I can remember. I can sort of remember getting my hearing back, but it wasn't as profound because I could pick up vibrations and interpret that as hearing. Unfortunately my right cochlear is completely damaged from the measles, the only sound I'm ever going to be able to pick up is anything louder than a jet engine.

My left has also become sensitive, but the pitch loss doesn't help, which is why I'm very picky about which headphones I use. I also have problems with pinpointing sound, which becomes hugely annoying in multiplayer games that have audible footsteps. Overall, though, I do just fine. So long as there are subtitles, I hate playing or watching anything that doesn't have subtitles for me to use, which is probably why I like watching anime so much.

I also developed mannerisms to make up for the lack of hearing on the right. I always sit at an end of a table where my ear faces everyone and I always walk on someone's right.

Last edited: