Uber Eats is changing its fees

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Uber Eats is changing its fees

Uber Eats is rolling out a new fee structure which completely removes booking fees.

In a post on its Help page, Uber announced that from 18 March 2019, users will no longer be presented with booking fees on their Uber Eats orders.

TimTDP

Expert Member
They charge the restaurant 25%. That's just about the restaurants' profit.
Refuse to used Uber Eats because of this

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
They charge the restaurant 25%. That's just about the restaurants' profit.
Refuse to used Uber Eats because of this
Well the restaurants can just chose not to use Uber eats. If they're on the platform then they've chosen to do so.

waylander

Expert Member
I find MrD to be the worst culprit, compare food prices across MrD, UberEATS and the in-store menu and I often find MrD a few R10s more expensive.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've used UberEats regularly... But I want to tell tonights story :

I order at 17.15 and I get a message 17.50ish that my food is a few minutes away. By 18.00 it isn't here yet... And I see the driver back at the restaurant. I text him to see what the issue is and get no reply. About 10 minutes later, I try again... And still nothing.

I pop to UberEats support and chat to the guy for about 20 minutes about my issue and where the guy is. He's telling me the driver is delayed (rain and other variables) and that he's on his way now - but finally he admits he can't reach the guy either. He offers a cancellation for the AWOL driver.

Then - while I'm chatting to support - I see the Uber take off in the other direction. I tell the guy to hurry up and cancel my order but before he completes, the Uber stops somewhere in the middle of Cosmo City, clicks 'delivered' and it bills me...

After another 30 minutes of chatting to support (they assumed I took delivery late and was upset) they agreed to refund me... But kept apologizing about my *late* meal. They couldn't comprehend it wasn't late and the guy simply collected my food and went elsewhere...

Anyhow, it seems this driver is going to scam a few more people until Uber realize he's just abusing the system purposely.