Uber ignores Spanish ban

agentrfr

Expert Member
Good on them. I'd like to see the taxi industry worldwide go the same way as the typewriter/printing press.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Everyone seems to be taking the Apple approach :

Instead of upping your product or service to match others and take on legitimately, rather ban or sue

Sinbad

Honorary Master
It's only uberpop that's not allowed. Uber is not banned from operating.

crackersa

Honorary Master
Good on them. I'd like to see the taxi industry worldwide go the same way as the typewriter/printing press.

and what do you propose to replace the taxi industry with since people do need to get around and may not own a car?

agentrfr

Expert Member
and what do you propose to replace the taxi industry with since people do need to get around and may not own a car?

Uber is a modernization of the taxi industry. Where-ever there is a need, business opportunities will exist. Uber is just the most modern form of the taxi industry as it almost entirely cuts out the middleman. Out with the old, in with the new. There is nothing stopping the current taxi drivers signing up.

crackersa

Honorary Master
Uber is a modernization of the taxi industry. Where-ever there is a need, business opportunities will exist. Uber is just the most modern form of the taxi industry as it almost entirely cuts out the middleman. Out with the old, in with the new. There is nothing stopping the current taxi drivers signing up.

oh ok...i can agree with that.

thought you ment to elimnate the whole thing :D

crackersa

Honorary Master
was just thinking, if they ignore the judge's orders and are fighting in court, can the uber execs be extradited and jailed?

StevenC

Expert Member
Saw Uber in action for the first time yesterday with some out of town friends needing a ride.

I was very impressed. This is how it must be done.

I haven't followed anything to do with the legal cases, but it sure sounds like a lot of butthurt over something that is better than what the prosecuting parties currently have. Adapt or die.