• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Ubuntu goes multidimensional

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
Ubuntu goes multidimensional

A good looking 3D interface is a primary focus of the new Ubuntu desktop (Natty Narwhal) but Canonical has assured that a 2D fall-back will be available

Last edited:

oronte

Expert Member
Finally an exciting Ubuntu release, I really think they should provide new releases every year or 2 rather than 6 months and simply update new software/components as they go. It's really confusing and generally not worth the trouble upgrading Ubuntu every 6 months (but then you miss out on newer software). One of the many annoying things that makes Windows more attractive to people like me who aren't programmers and can't spend days trying to find a fix when something minor breaks down between releases.

Avenue

Expert Member
Finally an exciting Ubuntu release, I really think they should provide new releases every year or 2 rather than 6 months and simply update new software/components as they go. It's really confusing and generally not worth the trouble upgrading Ubuntu every 6 months (but then you miss out on newer software). One of the many annoying things that makes Windows more attractive to people like me who aren't programmers and can't spend days trying to find a fix when something minor breaks down between releases.
I love the 6 month release cycles. Its like having Christmas twice a year. But for those who do want the 18 month release cycle they have Ubuntu LTS - you see they cater for everyone :D