• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Ubuntu Studio and Network Question

ahf

Hi Guys

The Company that I work for uses Linux Ubuntu on all their PC's I gave them the latest copy of Ubuntu Studio 18.4 which were installed on one PC now it connects to the internet no issues however it won't connect to their Ubuntu Server....
Any suggestions and info would be appreciated, thank you.

sicelo.m

At least to me, it sounds like you need to provide more information. E.g.
uses Linux Ubuntu on all their PC's ... installed on one PC now it connects to the internet : are you saying only one PC connects to the Internet? or is it only one PC that has 18.4?
The server you are talking about - what does "connect to their Ubuntu server" mean? For example, you mean ssh? web? mail? etc.

ahf

OK they have five PC's with Ubuntu installed on them and all connects to the server
They installed Ubuntu Studio 18.4 on the new PC today, this PC can connect to the internet but it won't connect to the server
The server I'm told also run on Linux.

sicelo.m

OK, so only one machine has 18.4, that seems clear now.

But the more important question still remains - what does "connect to [Ubuntu] server" mean here?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
OK they have five PC's with Ubuntu installed on them and all connects to the server
They installed Ubuntu Studio 18.4 on the new PC today, this PC can connect to the internet but it won't connect to the server
The server I'm told also run on Linux.
They're on different switches? What are the internal IP of the different devices? What protocol is used to connect?

ahf

Update:

OK they installed Ubuntu 18.04 on that PC as well which means they must download and install the multimedia software.