Ultra Budget Smartphone

Mask

Hi all...my Dad needs a cheap smartphone just for calls and WhatsApp. Any suggestions around the R1,000 mark?

Thanks...

sajunky

Honorary Master
R400 (R350 on special) Vodacom Kicka 4.

R999:
1. Huawei Y3 2018
2. Nokia 1

All with Android Oreo Go. Important, to have the latest Android as Whatsapp will kick you out the social media soon when using old phone.

Or something cheaper when switching to Telegram -> telegram.org

sajunky

Honorary Master
Posting more drivel.. Whatsapp still supports ICS that came out in 2011.
It is a Christmas time: Animals speak human language, deamons speak humans. You are always trying to destroy my credibility, so here is my comment as a Chrismas gift to you.

Now is a fact. Whatsapp stopped working on iPhone 4 (iOS7) few weeks ago /screenshot/, so I am giving a warning to others.

Whatsapp said Good Bye my Whatsapp contacts without warning, just before Christmas and New Year! There is no new version of Whatsapp on the AppStore for my device and all my messages are gone. I have enough, similar things happened in the past, so I decided to not install Whatsapp on another phone this time.

All other: Telegram, Viber, VoIP apps like Zoiper and Skype do work, while Skype service was interrupted for a period of fix months, but now is on recovering track.

Attachments

Last edited:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It is a Christmas time: Animals speak human language, deamons speak humans. You are always trying to destroy my credibility, so here is my comment as a Chrismas gift to you.

Now is a fact. Whatsapp stopped working on iPhone 4 (iOS7) few weeks ago /screenshot/, so I am giving a warning to others.

Whatsapp said Good Bye my Whatsapp contacts without warning, just before Christmas and New Year! There is no new version of Whatsapp on the AppStore for my device and all my messages are gone. I have enough, similar things happened in the past, so I decided to not install Whatsapp on another phone this time.

All other: Telegram, Viber, VoIP apps like Zoiper and Skype do work, while Skype service was interrupted for a period of fix months, but now is on recovering track.
We're talking about Android. If you bought an iPhone it's not my problem.

sajunky

Honorary Master
We're talking about Android. If you bought an iPhone it's not my problem.
Daemons talk again. What happened to iPhone 4 can happen to Android devices few months later.

It is not about Android. It is about chosing messaging platform that threat people with due respect.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Daemons talk again. What happened to iPhone 4 can happen to Android devices few months later.

It is not about Android. It is about chosing messaging platform that threat people with due respect.
Yeah it's not true. Google just dropped support for ICS so Jellybean will be supported for a long while still. You're talking nonsense as usual.

sajunky

Honorary Master

MR.C

Expert Member

Its saying that you should update your whatsapp ?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Hi all...my Dad needs a cheap smartphone just for calls and WhatsApp. Any suggestions around the R1,000 mark?

Thanks...
Ignore the Telegram nonsense above. WhatsApp will be fine on an Android device.

Did you find something suitable for your dad?

sajunky

Honorary Master
Do you want to help the dude find a phone as he's asked or talk about Telegram about which he hasn't asked?
I did help already the best in my first post and it should not require comments suggesting of my post being inaccurate or misleading. It surprises me amount of reactions when I say actual facts about the way Facebook conduct business and a mods action deleting my posts. And now your suggestion saying of my post being ouf of context or inappropriate to suggest other messaging system which threat users a better way is a completely ridiculous. It looks like a push for Whatsapp in the style of social media war: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/958931-Social-media-war-The-21st-century-army