Uncapped LTE - Now available for R899

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
The speed of the service is 10Mbps for the first 150GB, 4Mbps for the next 50GB and then 2Mbps for the rest of the month.

Pox

Expert Member
The speed of the service is 10Mbps for the first 150GB, 4Mbps for the next 50GB and then 2Mbps for the rest of the month.
Didn't stop them from slapping "up to 25mbps but most likely 20mbps" on the package details.

Dev()n

Lol there needs to be a speed limit set for uncapped. These companies just slap the word uncapped on anything, regardless of how stupid the speed restrictions are

cavedog

Honorary Master
What I want for R899 per month is uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled and an acceptable FUP from maybe 300gb or more
That unfortunately is not possible unless you are one of the smartbroadband originals like myself. R529 per month. It's still a epoc deal 3 years later and people were saying contracts are evil yet here we are more than 3 years later and still no one can beat the original R599 now R529 uncapped deal not even some fibre providers.

Nuro

Expert Member
The last time I tried one of Telkom's uncapped LTE services, it was shaped into ground. I would VPN from the LTE service to my home server which in on fibre. I barely managed 2Mbps while the speedtests came back at a solid 20Mbps+. Streaming services worked fine, but VPN, SSH and FTP was dead.

Ashez7

How does LTE fair on online gaming Console/PC along with someone watching you tube is there any Latency? Currently on uncapped telkom 4meg not sure if i should upgrade to something like this or go the 10 meg uncapped.

cavedog

Honorary Master
How does LTE fair on online gaming Console/PC along with someone watching you tube is there any Latency? Currently on uncapped telkom 4meg not sure if i should upgrade to something like this or go the 10 meg uncapped.
Depends on the speed and congestion of the tower. Some tests to my tower recently I was actually surprised how good it was. Really respectable latency and speeds.

telkom_lte_a.png

Joseph matane

So Rain still win if you consider off peak hours R999 gives you 120GB peak data plus 120GB off peak data

Last edited:

furpile

Expert Member
For LTE no. For fixed line yes.
Well a FUP means they can cap/throttle you, so if you are uncapped and unthrottled why need a FUP? I agree that models doesn't work on LTE due to limits on spectrum and the receivers, but it does on fibre (mostly).

Odracir

Expert Member
They should drop the word "uncap" and replace it with a "FUP", then it will make perfect sense cause that's what they offer anyway.