Unifi setup and ISP speed

SAguy

Expert Member
My setup consists of Unifi USG (not the prod, the smaller one), a Unifi 8 port POE switch and a Unifi AP Pro.
Currently I have a 100/50 line with my fibre ISP. If I upgraded to a 200/100 would my equipment be a bottleneck for that or should I be able to get the full speed?

Messugga

Honorary Master
You may run into bandwidth issues on your wifi depending on signal strength, how busy the channels are, etc. but the rest should be cruising.

SAguy

Expert Member
You may run into bandwidth issues on your wifi depending on signal strength, how busy the channels are, etc. but the rest should be cruising.
Cool thanks.
Yeah, wrt wifi I've had some issues this week with wifi speed - for some reason I sometimes only get 10Mbps on my mac.

Have 10 devices on my wifi, 2 phones and 2 laptops - the rest are smart devices. Might be that everyone is home at the moment and the channels are a bit busier.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Looking at the spec sheet, the USG should be alright up to a bit over 200Mbps, but you will probably struggle with gigabit connections. If one were serious about gigabit internet speeds, it's probably worth going for a more serious piece of kit.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I have a USG 3P and on a 1gb line I was able to get 900mbps speedtests.

The constraint is you cannot have the IPS stuff activated, that restricts you to about 80mbps.

websquadza

WebSquad
Make sure Threat Management is disabled on the USG. This won't handle more than 85 Mbps (closer to 90Mbps with my tests). Otherwise I have the same (with AC Lites) on a 1G and get about 400-450 Mbps on WiFi.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
The USG should be fine to do gigabit or really close to it - but as Websquadza has said - disable IDS and IPS or you won't even get 100mbps.

access

Honorary Master
you can enable dpi and ips, you will get full speed. a few people wont keep the usg 3p busy enough to throttle it..