Upcoming Games

JamesBoy

Wish they would rather make a new PoP to be honest. It's been way too many years. That plus a new Splinter Cell
Hell yeah, I'd kill for a new Splinter Cell but something along the lines of the first three games where is was less "actiony".

As for Sands of time it was an enjoyable game for me back then however I'd hate for it to be maimed with another Warcraft 3 remastered piece of sh|t, a new entry would make far more sense especially with the newer generation of consoles right here.

wbot

Expert Member
I don't mind the newer Splinter Cells but yeah for sure I would prefer a more stealthy game like the first 3. Chaos Theory is the best.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
I see Super Mario 3D All Stars is being packed today so hoping to have it tomorrow.

*Never played Galaxy 1 or 2, Super Mario 64 or Sunshine. So for me it was 3 games for the price 1.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Watched YongYea play Assassin's Creed Valhalla yesterday.

It looks bad.
Really bad.

I don't mean mechanically, because that would be unfair as it's not finished yet.
I mean the actual gameplay looks very samey.

Origin changed the franchise completely and it is a fun game.
Odyssey is more of that in a different setting, but it was still fairly new and fun to play.

Valhalla is now just a copy and paste.
It's the Assassin's Creed 3 of the new Assassin's Creed.

I was excited, cause I like the Viking period, but I don't want to keep doing what I already did twice before for massive amounts of time, because the new ones are so damn long.

Looks disappointingly boring

wbot

Expert Member
Haven't seen much of Valhalla but it's not really a game I'm excited for from the little I have seen. Not in the mood for yet another viking type of game after Skyrim and Witcher 3. And by the time I'm done with Origins and Odyssey I'll probably have major AC fatigue. I'll definitely play it eventually though

wbot

Expert Member
Tbh I just watched this whole thing and it doesn't look like an Assassins Creed at all

Markd

It looks bad.
Really bad.

I don't mean mechanically, because that would be unfair as it's not finished yet.

Odyssey is more of that in a different setting, but it was still fairly new and fun to play.

I was excited, cause I like the Viking period, but I don't want to keep doing what I already did twice before for massive amounts of time, because the new ones are so damn long.

I have Odyssey and found it very boring. I don't even think I got that far. Into Athens or something. The thing is I can't game for 8 hours a day, and this kind of game is very hard to pickup for an hour or two a night. All the greek names they were using - like you come back after 2 days away and you wonder who the f*** is who. It's a big epic game but its also trying to be so PC at the same time. It's not a scratch on something like The Witcher 3. I love the Vikings theme and setting, but damn, I'm having doubts about this one. That and that fact that the AC games are generally resource heavy = I think I'm going to wait for a sale here, and look forward to Cyberpunk instead. That I'm really looking forward to.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

It looks bad.
Really bad.

Counterpoint - it looks great and I can't wait to blow my horn to initiate a peasant village.

wernerdp

I have these two games from AMD Rewards , Godfall I am going to keep.

Is there away I can give World of WarCraft away , if anybody is interested and if I can , he/she can have the game for free. Not my type of game

ScreenHunter 8008.png

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Mortal Kombat 11 ultimate does look appealing

I did like the simulation side of the game :)
It is the best NetherRealm game to date. I got to the point where I couldn't play it any more. I regularly at a time topped out in the top percentile. I will say this, those who have waited until now to acquire the Ultimate edition, it is worth the money.

I hope they will continue to support the game and maybe add more characters. The story is done, I cannot see where they can possibly go with an MK 12, unless they bring in a dramatic change to the universe or, again, another reboot.

Gods Will Fall is next.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
For those who will be getting the MK 11 Ultimate Edition, this is an okay guide to use,

it is necessary to grind with. Noob Saibot is the best grinder, and Skarlet, but that guide doesn't have the best optimisations, it is more like what works. I have a Saibot which can win all day long. It also helps to assign a macro to auto continue to the next match otherwise it will require your attendance.

You cannot AI combat all challenges; you also have work to do.

Get a controller.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
people still play LSL?
thought the 90's ended?
I am an avid point-and-click adventure player.

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry and Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Dry Twice is unique.

Al Lowe worked on Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded as a consultant which was basically a reboot, but it wasn't a good game. The other two mentioned have accommodated the series well with respect, though I still need to see whether latter mentioned is a good game, but these devs seems to know what they are doing.

Magna Cum Laude was an abomination, it never belonged in the series.

eg2505

Honorary Master
all I remember on LSL was just how seedy it was, maybe I wasnt old enough when they first came out.

Henri18

It looks bad.
Really bad.

Not sure if watched the same game or not, but setting is way different in AC V? All side quests are interactive and they come up with certain things happening in that area. Which is vastly different to both Origins and Odyssey. Where you had to run to every "?" on the map to discover. You also don't have definite MAIN quest, you choose to start at a certain area and you want to start and then your story progress and your choices carries over the next place you go.

The combat is way different, since the team that worked on the fighting styles and finally dismemberment in the game, is the same team that worked on For Honor. The raiding still looks a bit off, I can agree to that, but at least if you want to play full assassin and just go straight to main leader and kill him, you can. The issue with AC V regarding gear wise it is going to be bit more straight-forward and seem we won't have much options to make a certain build like in Odyssey,e.g. fire build, poison build etc.

Origins story were great Bayek was just great character development and one of my top 3 protagonist in the AC World. Alexios & Kasandra were emotionless I felt they were empty shell and never really stand for anything, but the Odyssey gameplay itself was great and their DLC's was just awesome.

I feel Eivor going to have great character development, because just in these few clips we saw, we saw him/her having fun and at same time being serious and taking command. And then also his/her relationship with the family and the people and the English/Welish citizens.

Don't get me wrong, I do look at the issues at hand (But if you tell me, you played AC game with no bugs or glitches, you lying to yourself). But seeing how much effort they put in Origins and Odyssey, I got faith in Valhalla and they also already teased that we going to get another big area in a DLC or free even.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Not sure if watched the same game or not, but setting is way different in AC V? All side quests are interactive and they come up with certain things happening in that area. Which is vastly different to both Origins and Odyssey. Where you had to run to every "?" on the map to discover. You also don't have definite MAIN quest, you choose to start at a certain area and you want to start and then your story progress and your choices carries over the next place you go.

The combat is way different, since the team that worked on the fighting styles and finally dismemberment in the game, is the same team that worked on For Honor. The raiding still looks a bit off, I can agree to that, but at least if you want to play full assassin and just go straight to main leader and kill him, you can. The issue with AC V regarding gear wise it is going to be bit more straight-forward and seem we won't have much options to make a certain build like in Odyssey,e.g. fire build, poison build etc.

Origins story were great Bayek was just great character development and one of my top 3 protagonist in the AC World. Alexios & Kasandra were emotionless I felt they were empty shell and never really stand for anything, but the Odyssey gameplay itself was great and their DLC's was just awesome.

I feel Eivor going to have great character development, because just in these few clips we saw, we saw him/her having fun and at same time being serious and taking command. And then also his/her relationship with the family and the people and the English/Welish citizens.

Don't get me wrong, I do look at the issues at hand (But if you tell me, you played AC game with no bugs or glitches, you lying to yourself). But seeing how much effort they put in Origins and Odyssey, I got faith in Valhalla and they also already teased that we going to get another big area in a DLC or free even.
Last I recall the gear system is more focused on upgrading individual pieces of equipment through a blacksmith rather than picking up new pieces of gear all the time and using that as upgrades.

So presumably you'd still be able to get different builds that way. You just apply different upgrades to different pieces of equipment.