Updated site: MyBB comments off by default

neo_

Uou may have noticed that you now have to manually show the Disqus comments on a particular article by clicking on the applicable button. I don't really like this behaviour, and so I wrote a simple user-style that forces it to show: https://userstyles.org/styles/136265/mybroadband-always-show-comments

Update: No longer required - please use the Autoload Comments toggle instead.

Last edited:

halfmoonforever

Expert Member
the real reason why its hidden by default:

Comments section policy: Any attacks on MyBroadband, its journalists, or other readers will result in a ban.

I'm assuming one of the writers got their feelings hurt. Poor baby

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I'm fine with comments hidden by default. Who actually reads the mindless blabbering on them anyway.

czc

Honorary Master
I'm fine with comments hidden by default. Who actually reads the mindless blabbering on them anyway.

If an article doesn't have comments its not worth reading because nobody cares. :p

j4ck455

Executive Member
If an article doesn't have comments its not worth reading because nobody cares. :p

I believe I have discovered a possible/minor flaw in your logic :p: news articles by definition don't have any comments to start with, and by your logic must therefore not be worth reading because nobody has cared enough to comment before the news articles were created.

Fro

I rarely read articles on MyBroadband anymore. They're pathetic most of the time, copy-and-paste job a grade 3 learner could have done!

neo_

Yeah, I've been skimming through the odd one here and there, but it's starting to look very underdone. Huge improvements could be made. No; must be made.

[)roi(]

Executive Member
I rarely read articles on MyBroadband anymore. They're pathetic most of the time, copy-and-paste job a grade 3 learner could have done!
Perfect synopsis of why I avoid it -- slow, ad laden rubbish.