Updates don't install after SP3?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I updated 8 of our office pcs with SP3 yesterday. On one of them, updates from Windows update would download but fail to install.

I found this:

It fixed the problem 100%:D

[Not sure if the above has been mentioned on here before - I didn't a search but didn't find anything. Thought it might be useful to anyone else having the same problem.]

Belix

Hi folks
I've slipstreamed SP3 into a WixXP installation and done a fresh install of my machine. Trouble is Win Update does not run. After a check on the net it seems wups2.dll is not registered. All fine and well, but I've looked everywhere and don't have a file called wups2.dll to register. I have also not been able to find a site to download it from. Can someone tell me where to get the damn file?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Hi folks
I've slipstreamed SP3 into a WixXP installation and done a fresh install of my machine. Trouble is Win Update does not run. After a check on the net it seems wups2.dll is not registered. All fine and well, but I've looked everywhere and don't have a file called wups2.dll to register. I have also not been able to find a site to download it from. Can someone tell me where to get the damn file?

Do you have folder options set to show system and hidden files?