US Election 2020 - Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Arthur Jones is a nutcase and the Republican Party in no uncertain terms distanced themselves from him.

John Fitzgerald is also a party hopping nutjob. Oh and by the way:

Paul Nehlen is running for a chance to fill the seat of House Speaker Paul Ryan in Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District.

I mean who knew...

Now show me where the Republicans " Sieg Heil " each other. Should be easy to find

... would have so many qualifications *after* the fact.

Y'all asked for Republican nazis and antisemites and you got 'em.

No point crying 'but, but, but...' now.

Yes that was part of the plan. Jam up the election results as long as possible. All this is avoidable if more than 60% vote in person., as the health experts said can be done. That will allow the postal service to easily cope with the demand.

Yup. Don't think Democrats realise the longer they allow ballots to be received (I've read some states have allowed for up to a week after election day...wtf...can you really guarantee that ballot was cast on or before ED for a ballot to take a week to reach the vote processing centre?), more ammunition is given to Trump. All mail-in ballots received by the close of polls on ED or else they are thrown out. Simple.

This article has so many interesting snippets as well, including that the 538 electors of the Electoral College do not have to be elected through the vote of that college (seems like a huge oversight):

December 8 is known as the “safe harbor” deadline for appointing the 538 men and women who make up the Electoral College. The electors do not meet until six days later, December 14, but each state must appoint them by the safe-harbor date to guarantee that Congress will accept their credentials. The controlling statute says that if “any controversy or contest” remains after that, then Congress will decide which electors, if any, may cast the state’s ballots for president.

We are accustomed to choosing electors by popular vote, but nothing in the Constitution says it has to be that way. Article II provides that each state shall appoint electors “in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct.” Since the late 19th century, every state has ceded the decision to its voters. Even so, the Supreme Court affirmed in Bush v. Gore that a state “can take back the power to appoint electors.” How and when a state might do so has not been tested for well over a century.

Trump may test this. According to sources in the Republican Party at the state and national levels, the Trump campaign is discussing contingency plans to bypass election results and appoint loyal electors in battleground states where Republicans hold the legislative majority. With a justification based on claims of rampant fraud, Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly. The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires.

To a modern democratic sensibility, discarding the popular vote for partisan gain looks uncomfortably like a coup, whatever license may be found for it in law. Would Republicans find that position disturbing enough to resist? Would they cede the election before resorting to such a ploy? Trump’s base would exact a high price for that betrayal, and by this point party officials would be invested in a narrative of fraud.

The Trump-campaign legal adviser I spoke with told me the push to appoint electors would be framed in terms of protecting the people’s will. Once committed to the position that the overtime count has been rigged, the adviser said, state lawmakers will want to judge for themselves what the voters intended.

“The state legislatures will say, ‘All right, we’ve been given this constitutional power. We don’t think the results of our own state are accurate, so here’s our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state,’ ” the adviser said. Democrats, he added, have exposed themselves to this stratagem by creating the conditions for a lengthy overtime.

“If you have this notion,” the adviser said, “that ballots can come in for I don’t know how many days—in some states a week, 10 days—then that onslaught of ballots just gets pushed back and pushed back and pushed back. So pick your poison. Is it worse to have electors named by legislators or to have votes received by Election Day?”

Kieppie

Expert Member
Laura Loomer who celebrated the deaths of 3000 migrants and called for more?

Does that make her a centrist like you?
Show me where she said that originally. Don't blame me for not blindly trusting what is said in news article. Maybe she's just a shitty person, but that doesn't make her far-right.

And again I know exactly what my political leanings are so I don't need to validate them.

buka001

Honorary Master
Show me where she said that originally. Don't blame me for not blindly trusting what is said in news article. Maybe she's just a shitty person, but that doesn't make her far-right.

And again I know exactly what my political leanings are so I don't need to validate them.
Her twitter.

It was 2000. Not that you care about people dying.
957f4b2b7122bca89c2c5305f4d79468.jpg

greg0205

Honorary Master

Kieppie

Expert Member
Ok, they are not playing shenanigans at all.

Oh what is this?

Your trailing off topic now. I want to go make a nice cup of coffee. I can't go check every single news article, investigate it and then form a rebuttal. So go dig a bit deeper on that article even read some far-right sources like fox on the matter and then come give me the summary. Not a tweet.

Kieppie

Expert Member
I mean who knew...

... would have so many qualifications *after* the fact.

No point crying 'but, but, but...' now.
Again you failed at basic comprehension...

greg0205

Honorary Master
Your trailing off topic now. I want to go make a nice cup of coffee. I can't go check every single news article, investigate it and then form a rebuttal. So go dig a bit deeper on that article even read some far-right sources like fox on the matter and then come give me the summary. Not a tweet.

Sealioning seems so out of character for you Kiepp....

Nope, can't keep it up

Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

MightyQuin

Not amused...
The funny thing is...we didn't.

But even while I quote excerpts from the article YOU posted, where the Republican party completely distances themselves from these people AND where one candidate also ran as a Democrat, you just deny facts.

You know "facts".... the biggest enemy of the Left.

greg0205

Honorary Master
The funny thing is...we didn't.

But even while I quote excerpts from the article YOU posted, where the Republican party completely distances themselves from these people AND where one candidate also ran as a Democrat, you just deny facts.

You know "facts".... the biggest enemy of the Left.

Did they run as Republicans or not?

Yes or no.

We're entitled to our own opinions, but objective fact, not so much.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Nope, can't keep it up

Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Well it is exhausting digging through al the kak you post...and then we have to counter with facts.

I'm going to have a nice few Whiskys now to kick off the long weekend.

You do you....Oh and don't bother with the effort of posting a "rebuttal" blabla etc etc...

4279683+_0352b1a473b8ca4dc319d1999b0001e0[1].gif

konfab

Honorary Master
Yup. Don't think Democrats realise the longer they allow ballots to be received (I've read some states have allowed for up to a week after election day...wtf...can you really guarantee that ballot was cast on or before ED for a ballot to take a week to reach the vote processing centre?), more ammunition is given to Trump. All mail-in ballots received by the close of polls on ED or else they are thrown out. Simple.

This article has so many interesting snippets as well, including that the 538 electors of the Electoral College do not have to be elected through the vote of that college (seems like a huge oversight):
I have even larger problems with mail in ballots. They don't guarantee voter secrecy.

To make this easy for our progressive friends to understand:
Case 1)
Imagine if you are a transgender Muslim living in your Trump supporting parent's basement. You get your ballots to vote in the mail. Your father says he wants to see your ballot elsewise he will throw you out. How will you vote?

Case 2) Imagine if you are a black urban youth living in poverty in a Democrat inner city. A Republican in a Mercedes Benz 770 rolls up to you before election day and tell you that he will pay you $100 if you come to him on election day with your ballot and vote for his candidate of choice in front of him. How will you vote?

Case 3) Imagine if you are a Latinix who works for minimum wage at a non-profit. You live at an apartment block. You have found that you have not been receiving your ballots before the election, despite repeatedly asking for one. After 2 tries, eventually you get your ballot in time for the election. After you have sent your vote, you find that your Trump supporting landlord has access to your mailbox.

konfab

Honorary Master
Her twitter.

It was 2000. Not that you care about people dying.

Not that progressives care either considering they still put out the policies that incentivise migrants to cross in the first place.

Kieppie

Expert Member

Nope, can't keep it up

I had to go look up your troll lingo, but no I was being serious about both the coffee and Buka researching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.