US Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
We're witnessing a massive escalation of the tensions between protesters and police. Trump calling for stronger crackdowns and military intervention is just exacerbating the situation. We've seen days now of extreme brutality from the police, on camera - everything from beating up kneeling protesters, smacking around and arresting journalists, pulling off gas masks so they can spray people, and tear-gassing peaceful crowds so they can make room for Trump to speak. And in return we're seeing alarming and unacceptable violence against police, even murder.

And in the middle of it all is Trump, who seems to have decided that taking an absolute stand against the protests, using all kinds of police and military force, is the best course of action for his campaign.
It's certainly a ****-up of note. Trump as ever a stinking discordant note sounding out in all the wrong ways. We can hope sanity will prevail, but the way things have generally been going I think the end result will be more bullshit.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I get that people are angry about the wrong that was committed against Floyd (it's quite understandable), but honestly if one's concern is fair treatment then isn't condoning an incident like this a bit of a stretch? Cops are not some other homogeneous species. They are each their own person. And this one could have been a veritable saint for all people know. Yet I see people on Twitter reacting with joy to him being run over. Also the Bronx is almost 2000km from Minneapolis. It's not even in the same state let alone precinct. What gives some oke the right to just mow down a cop? It's as much a murder as was done upon Floyd.
A local reporter there:

rietrot

Honorary Master
On 14th St NW, about a km from the WH

Wow nice crowd. People are definitely tiered of the lockdowns and will use any excuse to get out.

I think there is an interesting human behaviour study in here somewhere if we look at how the left can only be all emotional about one big issue at a time. We seemed to have found a hard limit on human emotion.

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Rep. Steve King—Who Embraced White Supremacy—Loses Primary Amid Nationwide Protests Against Racism

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Lol I love this. Lefties supporting the war monger Bush a d Bush supportingthem. Now this has truly gone full circle.
Yes it has, says more about the rights ship than the left. Kinda interesting that he is also making a superpac for Biden.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Here's a picture of the memorial of a man who went to war to free slaves.

The photograph features uniformed confederates, much like the confederates the man memorialised defeated in 1865.

buka001

Executive Member
Here's a picture of the memorial of a man who went to war to free slaves.

The photograph features uniformed confederates, much like the confederates the man memorialised defeated in 1865.

Not sure they are Confederates.

Difficult to judge from the badge, but looks like Tennessee Air National Guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.