Using existing phone with VOIP

rorz0r

Executive Member
I've used digium IAXys before but that was very long ago, back when people had landlines. Nowadays I'd say just install Skype on your phone and get Skype in/out.

chop

I currently have a set of 4 Panasonic cordless phones that I can't afford to replace. That is at least R5'000 if I purchase new VOIP phones. So I would prefer an adaptor so that I can at least continue using them

Last edited:

Nicholas Marzio

I currently have a set of 4 Panasonic cordless phones that I can't afford to replace. That is at least R5'000 if I purchase new VOIP phones. So I would prefer an adaptor so that I can at least continue using them
I would suggest you contact Scoop for a suggestion as their staff are very clued up on the product range they stock.

I have completed the Yeastar VoIP technicians course and from what I can see with their PBXs, the software is very good and the interface isn't just some rubbish google translated firmware which has been hacked together. I haven't touched the ATAs yet so I can't comment on them directly but I can vouch for the Yeastar brand since their PBXs were top notch.

chop

Will do, hopefully by Friday. Ordered the device and signed up for fibre (LTE uncapped sucks).

Purply

Expert Member
Will do, hopefully by Friday. Ordered the device and signed up for fibre (LTE uncapped sucks).
Our fibre router has two normal telephone jacks at the back, so you can directly connect your normal phone there and use it for VOIP