Video Library Management on Windows 7

roLLz

Hi Guys and Gal

I've got a fairly large video library of series and movies and its becoming more and more of a problem to remember which particular episode of a series I stopped at or which movies I've watched.

Does any one know how to possibly "mark as watched" on Windows 7?
I know the VLC player app for Windows 8 had a full on library feature like iTunes and marked certain videos as watched but there currently is no way to do this effectively on Win7 as far as I can tell.

Any one with tips or tricks, please share.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Plex sucks. I get no joy out of it. When it works, it's very good, but 9 time out of 10, my media player cant see the Plex server. It does see Serviio 10/10 times though. I end up having to end Plex in Task manager, resync the library and restart the media player before I can pick it up.

DsBalsak

Also look at emby got alot more features than plex but doesnt work on all devices

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Plex sucks. I get no joy out of it. When it works, it's very good, but 9 time out of 10, my media player cant see the Plex server. It does see Serviio 10/10 times though. I end up having to end Plex in Task manager, resync the library and restart the media player before I can pick it up.
Why?

roLLz

So there really isn't any way to do this with plain ol' windows explorer?
Might have to write a program for this myself

dualmeister

Honorary Master
KODI!

And if you want to go a step further you can install a SQL server on one of your PC's and sync your media (including where you stopped watching) with any other device that supports Kodi whether it be PC, Android Media Player, Smartphone ect

kaufen

From Sawan Soft: The software has an easy to use interface. It can be used as a personal information system for students and staff members. Books can be arranged and easily managed. Fine over late deposit or lost books can be added. Library database can be backed up whenever desired. It has various facilities such as printing of different types of reports. It can keep track of the student membership, digital media, magazines and newspapers in library and print their bill accordingly. Fine settings and number of books to be issued can be changed whenever required. Bar code 39 can be printed for books by their accession number. Books for staff members can be issued separately. The institution can also be divided into various departments. Complete records of book agencies can be kept. You can also issue/deposit books, digital media, magazines and newspapers. Various settings and visualization can be changed as desired. Email reminders can be sent. You can print multiple bar codes and identification cards. In this shareware version, entries of only 50 books, 25 students and 15 staff members can be made. For making further entries you may need to purchase the full retail version of the software.

What's new in this version:

Version 7.9.8 adds: deactivate student/staff member.

Last edited:
From Sawan Soft: The software has an easy to use interface. It can be used as a personal information system for students and staff members. Books can be arranged and easily managed. Fine over late deposit or lost books can be added. Library database can be backed up whenever desired. It has various facilities such as printing of different types of reports. It can keep track of the student membership, digital media, magazines and newspapers in library and print their bill accordingly. Fine settings and number of books to be issued can be changed whenever required. Bar code 39 can be printed for books by their accession number. Books for staff members can be issued separately. The institution can also be divided into various departments. Complete records of book agencies can be kept. You can also issue/deposit books, digital media, magazines and newspapers. Various settings and visualization can be changed as desired. Email reminders can be sent. You can print multiple bar codes and identification cards. In this shareware version, entries of only 50 books, 25 students and 15 staff members can be made. For making further entries you may need to purchase the full retail version of the software.

What's new in this version:

Version 7.9.8 adds: deactivate student/staff member.
What!?!?

Dangerously close to spam this post... Can't find a pattern so won't report it it tho

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Plex works perfectly by me, maybe you should reinstall it or something. @Drifter.