Viewing standard bank personal loan

touch7

So I noticed there is a button on the standard bank app that allows you to link your personal loan so it appears like your VFA and credit card balances. When I click it, it does not link me to anything.

I then decided to call them and ask what is happening. The guy form standard bank tells me that I can't view my personal loan balance online, I need to go to the bank and they'll tell me how much I still have left to pay. This doesn't make sense to me at all and it seems so dodgy. I didn't have to go to the bank to get it, now I have to go to the bank to view it? With VFA, you can request a quote which they can give you if you want to pay up the loan so I believe they could do something similar with the personal loan.

I was planning to pay it off quickly but I just wanted to see how much it is like I can with my VFA and Credit Card but I can't and that is such an inconvenience to go there just to find out.

Anyone know why personal loan balances can't be viewed offline or was the client service guy just ****ing with me. I'm seriously annoyed, it's stupid to go all the way just to find out how much you owe.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Shouldn't it be as simple as asking the bank to link your loan account to your online profile? all my account except the credit card appear on my profile, if I open a new account it will appear on my profile. Call again and speak to a different person or much better go in and ask them, I think the guy was talking bs.