Virgin Mobile drops prices

paul5186

Expert Member
Look at their facebook page. Most people sims are currently blocked and saying suspended, mine too. Their call center number doesn't even work.

Avenue

Expert Member
Oh nice one. Im glad to see they're finally doing something to get into this game- well done and I wish them the best of luck.

10i

Expert Member
I don't think that Virgin Mobile can compete in SA any more. They are better off selling their customer base to CellC and closing down operations.

Surely a company needs to make money to have specials and stuff. If you have almost no clients, how can you afford to have specials?

zerofocus

“If you start selling at 66c I’m starting a price war I don’t particularly want to,” Marchbank said, adding that he doesn’t want to win customers only on price, but on brand.

Brand my ass. What a moron. The ONLY way for these guys to make a comeback will be by price. And even then people will be skeptic.

How Branson hasn't shut this shyte down is beyond me.

rorz0r

Executive Member
I wouldn't even switch if the 2nd minute and every minute thereafter were free...

deweyzeph

Executive Member
They don't even have their own network. Basically all they have is their brand, and in South Africa hardly anyone knows or cares about their brand.

Terencek

Expert Member
The data price is just stupid. Who would pay 99c a megabyte these days? A shame -- these guys started out so well and so enthusiastically, and their customer service was great, with really competitive pricing. Now totally left behind.