Virgin Mobile R15 WhatsApp bundle - Prices compared

Totempole

Expert Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to stack MTN/Vodacom WhatsApp bundles? i.e Buy 2x 1GB bundles for ~R60?

Also do you need to have an any other airtime or data balances available for the WhatsApp bundles to work? I recall this being the case when Cell C first released these packages.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Budza

Executive Member
Usable for calls / video calls across all networks?

FWIW, Telkom have 500MB free IM data on Freeme prepaid Data bundles- worth a mention in this context?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Didn't know they're still around. I remember I signed up with them when they opened a branch at Gateway mall. They allowed you to ask for a specific number and I got one that spelled my name out. Was pretty cool giving out my phone number as my name. Stupid me, I didn't port the number when I moved to MTN and it's long lost now.

Was unhappy with the quality of the cell c network at the time (dropped calls, lack of coverage). Has it improved over the last decade?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Didn't know they're still around. I remember I signed up with them when they opened a branch at Gateway mall. They allowed you to ask for a specific number and I got one that spelled my name out. Was pretty cool giving out my phone number as my name. Stupid me, I didn't port the number when I moved to MTN and it's long lost now.

Was unhappy with the quality of the cell c network at the time (dropped calls, lack of coverage). Has it improved over the last decade?

If anything Cellc and all it's MVNO have the best coverage you can ask for.

LTE roaming on MTN that acts as the home network because of the MTN towers that broadcasts Cellc PLMN ID and Vodacom 2G roaming nation wide as well as 3G roaming in some places. Full access to the Cellc network.

Honestly I think Cellc and it's MVNO are right up there with the big boys.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
If anything Cellc and all it's MVNO have the best coverage you can ask for.

LTE roaming on MTN that acts as the home network because of the MTN towers that broadcasts Cellc PLMN ID and Vodacom 2G roaming nation wide as well as 3G roaming in some places. Full access to the Cellc network.

Honestly I think Cellc and it's MVNO are right up there with the big boys.
Thats great news. Maybe some day I will consider going back if I have to move from my current network for some reason.