Virtual prepaid credit card

Tector

Anyone know where I gan get a virtual prepaid credit card endorsed by Mastercard or Visa?

I can only find VCpay if I search but they are not accepting new users due to regulations (worrying?) although what they are offering is exactly what I want.

I don't want to use a normal credit card, physical or virtual.

I need this for my subscriptions to go off on (Netflix, Prime video etc.)

TIA

"D"

Expert Member

Also:

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/you-can-now-get-a-virtual-mastercard-credit-card-in-south-africa-–-here’s-how-it-works.1092743/

Also, VCPAY (Net1) and GetBarter offer virtual card services.

Last edited:

Tector

Thanks for the info but I need a prepaid card, like VCpay offers but they are not accepting new customers. The rest are all normal credit cards only digital. I don't want credit. Just need the features of a credit card to pay netflix etc.

AchmatK

Executive Member
Thanks for the info but I need a prepaid card, like VCpay offers but they are not accepting new customers. The rest are all normal credit cards only digital. I don't want credit. Just need the features of a credit card to pay netflix etc.
Standard bank virtual cards? You will need to have a standard bank account.

DanDango

Honorary Master

VCPay was good till about 3/4 years ago when International payment stopped working.

Snyper564

Executive Member
debit caRDS work, or go to most stores and top up a voucher

Pho3nix

The Legend
Anyone know where I gan get a virtual prepaid credit card endorsed by Mastercard or Visa?

I can only find VCpay if I search but they are not accepting new users due to regulations (worrying?) although what they are offering is exactly what I want.

I don't want to use a normal credit card, physical or virtual.

I need this for my subscriptions to go off on (Netflix, Prime video etc.)

TIA

Download Shyft cards of all currencies

Pho3nix

The Legend
That is the problem. I currently only hava a Tymebank account. Some services can't work with it

You don’t need a Standard Bank account time use Shyft. Transfers will be slower but you’ll be able to use it

ash3

TIA

Yes, seem VCpay is suspending their service until further notification.
Screenshot_2020-10-24-00-11-19.png

ash3

Thanks! Seems this was what I was looking for. I am awaiting account verification and will see if it can then be used as I want to

So was your account verified? How long did it take?

Tector

So was your account verified? How long did it take?
No, never was verified. Truth is I put myself under debt review because of covid and for that reason they couldn't open me an account which is stupid as its not credit. Ended up using my Tymebank as my main account, works for most online purchases

acidrain

Executive Member
Bit of a thread bump as I am wanting to try get Discovery+.

Seems the only 2 recommended VCC providers is Shyft and Barter.

Anyone used Barter before for region-locked services? I really don't want to have to load the card and pay the card fee if it gets declined.

Have also registered with Shyft, just waiting for the verification process to complete. Any other card providers out there, that is confirmed to work?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Bit of a thread bump as I am wanting to try get Discovery+.

Seems the only 2 recommended VCC providers is Shyft and Barter.

Anyone used Barter before for region-locked services? I really don't want to have to load the card and pay the card fee if it gets declined.

Have also registered with Shyft, just waiting for the verification process to complete. Any other card providers out there, that is confirmed to work?

probably depends on how much you want it (i.e. willing to pay monthly fees just for having the card?)

for US services the US based Payoneer should work pretty well