vista business 32bit/64bit

kronoSX

Honorary Master
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
15,309
Reaction score
338
Location
Capetown home to gang stars
well where do i begin,I had xp pro installed on my pc with service pack 2,but due to many reasons i finally formated my hard drive to start fresh,well my xp pro cd was damaged due to abuse over the years,So i tried installing but there were files on the disk that could not load anymore so i broke the disk(really out of frustration).

I looked and bought a original cd from a guy in the paper.this i then installed and when i looked again it was windows xp pro sp2 media centre edition,i never new that and it was 2002 version.well i got the 30 day activation key thingy,So i activate windows over the net,

Well its stuck on 29 days everyday and the days dont get less,it just stays 29 days.

This friend comes a long and brings me windows vista business edition 32/64 bit.....

well i could not resist to upgrade this stupid xp,so what i do is pop in the disk and let bios boot from cd..ok all well

Now i come to the vista screen and asks me to put in the serial key .and i do and when i click next,it says an error ocurred and setup must be closed...what could this be,any help withthis.

then i checked my vista recommendations and it says that xp must be activated first,Is this true.ok

Now here is the real problem can anyone tell me how can i install vista on my pc without these nagging things.Should i format my drive then put the cd in to install vista and another thing,must a pc really have 2 gigs of ram to run vista,i mean what is the minumum requirements.Cant a person tweak something.(i did run a beta vista long time ago).

I have 1024ddr2(667mhz) ram 256ddr2 nvidia card(just a normal pc not supercharged)and a dual core hyperthread intel 3.06ghz cpu.Surely vista business works for a business,and a business usually have low end pc's,for office work.

help me on this while i look at my friend google in the meantime:confused:
 
Hey dude,

Ask a friend and make backups of your files, on another harddrive preferably.

Insert the Vista disk again to boot, look for the option to format the drive, format and install.

You have to check before installing though that all your hardware has Vista drivers, otherwise your just going to waste your time ;)
 
You only really need 2GB RAM if you're installing the Ultimate version. 1GB will be fine for the Business edition.
 
that vista install is probably an upgrade.

so, to install it fresh, make like so.

put the disc in, boot your pc, have it format the drive totally, run through the installer, when it asks for a product key, LEAVE IT BLANK and just click next and carry on.

you now have a 30 day vista on yoru machine.

now, do it again, disc in, boot pc, install vista, when it asks for your key, put your key in..finish installing. get a smug look on your face.

the first time is just to get an os on you drive that vista will allow you to "upgrade" from

ps. dont have so much faith in computer properties, your xp mce disc was mce2005 (because it was sp2)..but computer properties still shows the original date for some files
. normal xp home and xp pro say the same thing. version 2002
 
true teraside,I only have one cd that has vista drivers and that is my dvd writer,Everything i have has no vista drivers,F#$&%ket,Thanks for warning me about all the drivers,I guess i am staying with xp pro media edion.I have a 2007 mobo,but to download vista drivers for my tv card sound cards(2)nvidia card/cd writers.this is gonna be a long process,I will wait rather,F$%&k vista for now,I really hate bill for only allowing me to install on 1 pc only.

renamed i tryed that already and it just said error,,(like so)
 
Yeah dont worry about how Vista performes it's the lewks that count and boy she sure is a looker:p
 
Just while someone is mentioned it, if you don't have the 2gigs of RAM that they recommend, you can put a flash drive in and enable something in its properties called ReadyBoost. Its not as good as getting more ram, but it will help.

Enjoy your upgrade, I'm loving Vista now that I am getting the idea of how things work :)
 
vista is activated now.ITs cool but how do i install daemon tools and if i get a other pc must i phone and give them the code again.THAT UNIQUE NUMBER IT GENERATED.I ALSO am worried that my games is gonna suffer as i only have 1 gig of ram.i am lost in this vista.I STILL feeling my way.I got an internet cnctn at least.ALL i need now is daemon tools installed but how
 
honesty is it all worth the R1400 ,I CANT even get my nvidia drivers to work

Which graphics card do you have? You need to have a Geforce 6 or above, there are no drivers for any Nvidia cards below the series 6 ;)
 
6600 Nvidia 256ddd2..thats My Card.also The Latest Nag Mag Has New Drivers For Vista.i Phoned Microsoft And The Guy Told Me That Vista Business Does Support Gaming.
 
Thanks I Will Do It.what I Am Gonna Do Is Instl On Another Hdd Xp Pro And Dual Boot It.so If I Wanna Have Xp I Will Just Boot The Second Hdd
 
hey what do you know,I found my driver cd of the grafix card,and it is vista drivers,gawd damn i am lucky,i thought i lost that cd in all the mess.I tried playing call of duty and there is no lag,strange that i can play games without the drivers loaded,Vista has its own drivers for the card,So i guess that guy at the pc shop was wrong as he said vista business is not designed for games,
Let me try and install the game just cause and see if that game lags.:cool:

I did install the latest daemon tools for vista,So next will be the latest clone cd and then i need to install my tv card again but i dont have my windvr cd anymore,Is there open source software that can let the tv play and change channels.

All in all iam happy with vista ,but i still will have a dual boot system with xp on a 40 gig hdd.:cool:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X