Vodacom coronavirus lockdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Vodacom coronavirus lockdown

Vodacom has warned its suppliers that they must comply with its stringent coronavirus mitigations to prevent contamination from spreading to the company's employees.

In a mail sent out earlier this month that was seen by MyBroadband, the company laid out requirements for all of its suppliers and third-party staff and blocked them from accessing its properties until they comply with these precautions.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Most companies with international connectiions and a lot of cross-border travel have done the same. Makes sense.
Some companies are quarantining travellers from China for a period before allowing them to work with the rest of the team.

eg2505

Honorary Master
all of it is worthless,

what is a asymptomatic carrier lands our side and carries the virus?

quovadis

Expert Member
There are a limited amount of hubs for air travel and they are all filled with people who have interacted directly or indirectly with other travellers who may or may not have visited China. A bit overkill from Vodacom since they might as well ban anyone who has travelled.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I almost feel as though the likelihood that we will contract wuhan coronavirus within the next year or two is probably close to 100%. How can we stop it? This is like combating the flu, futile. Just pray for a vaccination or treatment by the time your turn comes.

maumau

Honorary Master
I almost feel as though the likelihood that we will contract wuhan coronavirus within the next year or two is probably close to 100%. How can we stop it? This is like combating the flu, futile. Just pray for a vaccination or treatment by the time your turn comes.
You own immune system might be strong enough to fight it off?

Bobbin

Executive Member
You own immune system might be strong enough to fight it off?
Me? Yes, probably. I survived swine flu :)

But I fear for others. Looks like this strain might be a little more dangerous for elders and so on.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I've thought the same. Brace yourself and keep your immune system up. Don't go on any benders in Chinatown :p
Our immune systems will adapt.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I've spoken to my brother in Hong Kong. He reckons that, just like sars, warmer weather will sort out the virus. I wouldn't have a clue, but he seems confident.

Norrad

I've spoken to my brother in Hong Kong. He reckons that, just like sars, warmer weather will sort out the virus. I wouldn't have a clue, but he seems confident.
What a bummer that we will be heading into winter soon then :whistling: Should spread like wildfire south of the Sahara.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I heard the opposite on BBC where they said that people tend to stick closer together (families, couples) in colder weather so that may be a factor for increasing transmission.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I've thought the same. Brace yourself and keep your immune system up. Don't go on any benders in Chinatown :p
Our immune systems will adapt.
Coronavirus may one day protect us War of the Worlds style :p

tjma2001

Its probably too warm for Corona over here.. might look different in a few months time.