Vodacom Live item on bill

Dolby

Honorary Master
First ... I can't seem to get through to 111 for assistance. It's perhaps down?

Second, what is this charge? I had a WASP charge added a few months back and now this. I don't even know how or what, but it feels like I need to start checking my bill month end

greg_SA

Expert Member
I got this on my account too a while ago.

On my itemized billing it also said "Air G Gold" or something like that. I contacted WASPA to sort it out. Is yours the same?

greg_SA

Expert Member
Okay - well then just make a complaint to WASPA. I've done this twice and it works.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Vodaphone Live activates itself and you will not notice it until you study the bill.

Activated for me in February 2017, noticed in May 2017. Got through to Vodacom. They sent me a SMS on the number telling me to send

"STOP ALL WC" to short code "30333" or "31050"

I got back a SMS

"Your Vodaphone live ! package has been cancelled at your request. Vodacom"

They could tell me when it activated but not how or why. I know I did not consciously do anything to activate Vodaphone Live.

Then almost immediately, I started getting all sorts of "activations" for service I did not request.

All of them had this form "You have been subscribed to "xxxxxxxx" as of today. Send "Stop" to +2787 240 xxxx"
Some of the messages included a help number 0112185618 (VAS). I see I am stuck with an additional amount now of over R 1000 for the month of May which are related to so called VAS that I supposedly subscribed to of which I know nothing about. I do not even know what they are.

This issues is beyond a joke now.

I have taken to sending "STOP ALL WC" to short code "30333" or "31050" and "Stop all" to 30333. every single day.

Twice now in June instead of getting the reply to the "stop all" message of " You are currently not subscribed to any WASP service . Should you have any further queries , please call Vodacom Customer care on 082111": I get "You have been unsubscribed from "xxxxxxx" with effect from {date}

What I want form Vodacom but they appear to be unable or unwilling to do this is a complete de-activation of ALL WASP services. I DO NOT WANT to be faced with this problem at all! I want to be able to handle the matter the same as we do international roaming. where when you need it you have to contact Vodacom to activate it and then cancel it again when no longer required.

This is the worst form of customer abuse yet. And it only started recently with this latest Smart device a Sim card.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Just tried that code and also received - but they told me I'm subscribed. I've also had the last few months up to around R80pm

"You are currently not subscribed to any WASP service . Should you have any further queries , please call Vodacom Customer care on 082111"

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Just tried that code and also received - but they told me I'm subscribed. I've also had the last few months up to around R80pm

"You are currently not subscribed to any WASP service . Should you have any further queries , please call Vodacom Customer care on 082111"
Be persistent and get them to send your the deactivation message for vodaphone live on the device you are having a problem with. I should have added that it took a few calls before I got someone who understood my query and was able to do something about it. Phone the business contact numbers if you have to. I did that because generally you get a more intelligent operator on the other side.

Even if they then put you through to the personal customer division, you seem to end up with an operator that knows more than the normal operator.

PS I am now saving all the messages about WASP services and my request for cancellation. Another month of this nonsense and the whole bangshoot goes directly to ICASA.

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Vodafone Live does not fall under WASPA I think.

@ Dobly, log a call and request that Vodacom send the request to the data department. They remove it manually from your account. I have had to have this done for about 3 customers the last two months.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Vodafone Live does not fall under WASPA I think.

@ Dobly, log a call and request that Vodacom send the request to the data department. They remove it manually from your account. I have had to have this done for about 3 customers the last two months.
Agree have got no help at all from WASPA. Not even to assist and help with the WASPA services that were activated on my tablet on May. Not even a response to my query.

@ Ockie,

How can one implement a complete and total block on ALL WASP type services? I don't want to have to spend so much time checking smart devices every month for the possible inadvertent or otherwise of these services.

I’ve had the same Vodafone live air g gold subscription activate itself twice about a year apart. Only thing you can do is insist on deactivation over the phone and keep checking your bill. Vodacom representatives know it’s a problem but Vodacom still promotes this service. I reckon thousands of people are affected and contacting them for cancellation every day. A guy at Vodacom I spoke to mentioned needed to wait for my credit on a ‘bulk reversal’. From what I can gather it comes about from a website click which doesn’t ask for a confirmation, so you subscribe by mistake, but I wasn’t told what websites. The Consumer Protector needs to get involved. In the UK in 2016 there was a fine for Vodafone for customer service failures and Vodafone has a low ranking for consumer service in other countries.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
I posted the fix in a couple of threads.. U need to go to site.
Live.vodacom.co.za

Login in there, go to subscription and cancel. Take a snippet of it before canceling get vodacom to refund as it is unauthorized

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Mybroadband.co.za needs to publish an article about this thievery from vodacom. No double opt in verification for subs from live.vodacom.co.za

Many people are affected

simonfishley

I've just noticed this on my bill as well. I had a heavier usage month last month so expected my bill to be higher and did not check my itemised billing. Just did now and see entries going back at least 3 months for Vodafone Live, of varying amounts. I've logged a call with them and it has been escalated.

I wonder how many people Vodacom are scamming like this who are not noticing the extra money being stolen from them every month?

undesign

Executive Member
Live.vodacom.co.za

Login in there, go to subscription and cancel. Take a snippet of it before canceling get vodacom to refund as it is unauthorized
Thank you! Stealing aholes...

ld13

Honorary Master
Live.vodacom.co.za

Odd. I logged in, just to see the interface etc. Obviously had no subscriptions, but I had like 38 purchases though:

Vid Place
Dec 31, 2017 1:25 PM R7,00

What is this?