Vodacom wins with broadband

Anonymous_Coward

Vodacom South Africa cut data prices by up to 42%, as competition intensified.
Really? I was under the impression their data bundle prices went up...

And I sometimes wonder just what % of their profit is from OOB charges....

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Really? I was under the impression their data bundle prices went up...

And I sometimes wonder just what % of their profit is from OOB charges....
My money's on a lot.

I don't get how Vodacom could have "strong performance" when for the last six months, almost every carrier OTHER than Vodacom has pulled off some revolutionary promotions. Vodacom only decided it was time to get involved... yesterday.

grok

Honorary Master
Interim results for the six months ended, 30 September 2011, showed total group revenue rising to R31.7 billion from R29.5 billion. Mobile data revenue was 31.1% up and EBITDA 7.6% higher to R10.5 billion on the back of a 38% growth in data customers.
And yet they 'cannot afford' to lower their ridiculous broadband prices?

mcastudios

From a shareholders perspective this is great, from our poor consumers perspective, it just shows how we are being taken for a ride.

marine1

Honorary Master
Can someone explain this to me? Sh 1t Service. Worse quality and slow speed andntheir revenue is up??? I can understand profits being up as they spend bigger all on their network but revenue???? Must be very clever accounting

ebudae

I thought their cheaper data packages weren't sustainable and the company was losing money?

zizo911

Executive Member
Wow... Next we going to hear that the ANC has won the award for best government :confused:

These figures do make sense, just shows how we consumers are being raped while the shareholders laugh all the way to the bank.

Might be time to get me some shares.