• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Vodafone Live

I was looking to upgrade my brothers mobile internet and actually looked at my Vodacome invoice. I am getting rooked of R230.00 each month for I dont know how long. Have reported Vodacom to WASPA regards this. Is absolutely criminal.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
FYI I just got auto-subed to AndroGames since 2018/02/28 - noticed my airtime was disappearing the last day and then then checked WASP services with no success. Thanks to this thread I found the service and unsubed.

There was no confirmation SMS sent to my phone, no daily SMS to indicate I've got a sub, zero.

Vodacom really has zero care for their customers.

BTW I worked for 7 years in the WASP industry and religiously check subs on all my devices. I have never subscribed to any service in the last 12 years but I have had some auto subs - screw double opt in requirements.

Capture+_2018-03-05-20-49-29.png

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
OK, this gets more interesting. I've got 7 purchases all on the same day as well for R7 each. Vodacom really is messing around now.

I'm really out of WASPA requirements but this seems like a way to circumnavigate double opt in. But networks don't care as they get the lions share of the revenue.

Only reason I discovered this was trying to make a phone call yesterday and got warned I had R3 left. I've got a data top-up ( up you #OOB shark) and load R50-R100 every few months as I seldom call. Loaded R55 today then noticed my balance decreased this evening.

Capture+_2018-03-05-20-59-40.png

Capture+_2018-03-05-20-59-54.png

Also noticed a rather lekker R10 disappearing off my account since beginning of Feb. Phoned customer care and they told me it is something I subscribed to. Bull. And I am also not able to log into the live.vodacom.co.za site on a PC. Had to do it through the mobile. Bunch of crooks if you ask me.