Vodamail Issue, No Response from Vodacom #Useless

AutoX

Expert Member
Hello everyone,

I hope that someone on the forum can help me with this issue.

I have tried numerous times to make contact with vodacom via their facebook page as well. Last response was to send an email to their social.media@vodacom.co.za address with no response again.

The problem is as follow. A week ago my vodamail stopped receiving email. Currently I can send mail from my vodamail email address but cannot receive mail. The reason for that is because of the password, which unfortunately I cannot remember.

I previously had a data sim which was on contract which expired long ago, I then got a pre-paid sim with another number and this worked perfectly and I changed no settings in my email account settings.

Now to reset my password I need to go to https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/forgotpassword and enter the sim phone number to get my password reset.

This is not much help. Considering that I have another sim number as mentioned and where will I receive my details on then? The previous sim I used for data does no longer exist. My emails worked perfectly until a week ago. Thus the old sim number will receive the sms which I dont have anymore - I need to get access to my mail asap please assist.

I have emailed vodacom on their social.media@vodacom.co.za address and included an alternative email to contact me on as I cannot receive the vodamail emails.

How do I resolve this issue?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Have you got the email still previously setup on a PC?
If so the password is recoverable on that PC.

AutoX

Expert Member
Hi Venomous,

Thank you for the quick response. How would I go about doing that? Another note when I send an email to my vodamail address I receive the following response:

This is the mail system at host relay.mailchannels.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<J******@vodamail.co.za>: host mx1.vodamail.co.za[196.11.146.148] said: 550
5.1.1 <j*******@vodamail.co.za>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
local recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Last edited:

Venomous

Honorary Master
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

j*******@vodamail.co.za

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain vodamail.co.za by mx1.vodamail.co.za. [IP removed

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <j********@vodamail.co.za>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Last edited by a moderator:

Venomous

Honorary Master
Seems like VC removed/deleted your email address.

Meaning that whatever email you think you MIGHT has is NOT THERE.

AutoX

Expert Member
Is there anyone that works for vodacom on the forum that can help me resolve this. The last emails I received was on 15/11/2016

Venomous

Honorary Master
Not sure.

Have you been using the email, or has it been dormant.

Error says that the address emailed does not exist on their servers. Or else you typed incorrectly, and I used copy/paste from your post above.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Please remove your email address above to prevent spam mail should you get it back.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Contact VC regarding the matter.

There should be more than one VC rep here you can PM.

AutoX

Expert Member
Thank you Venomous, I have been using this email address daily so not dormant at all. Hopefully a VC rep sees this thread

AutoX

Expert Member
I have removed the mail address on the post above - I cannot do so on your post however. Thanks for the help thus far.