VOIP account with SIP URL

mvnrsa

Good day,

I am looking for a VOIP provider that can accept incoming calls on a sip url. So basically I want to route calls from foreign providers to the local phone by routing over sip, not using a phone number. Effectively allowing me to route inbound calls for free from any sip trunk anywhere in the world.

I have a great service like that in the US, but could never find one in SA yet.

Tx
Marnus

You might struggle, most voice providers will not allow this because it contravenes their ability to make money on terminating the calls. Why don't you just register an extension from an international provider or do you need the ability to route these calls on to somewhere else in SA?

Yup, there are interconnect charges that are regulated in SA. So you won't get that for free as it costs the provider.

As Asterisk guy suggested, you can just buy a sip handset and it will ring as a local number. Why do you need it to terminate at a normal SA number?

Maybe you could set up an asterisk box, register two trunks, one local one international, then use dial plan to manipulate calls between contexts. from-local, from-outside, from-inside etc.

Maybe you could set up an asterisk box, register two trunks, one local one international, then use dial plan to manipulate calls between contexts. from-local, from-outside, from-inside etc.
Yea, I can do all that. Was hoping there is at least one local provider with a decent GUI that already has all that...

As I said the problem is, voice providers in this country will not allow it. Do you need to make a lot of calls to international or is it more receiving of calls? On the platform my company developed, we could assign you an international DID, for a monthly fee (nothing too hectic) and depending on the destination, the cost to receive calls on this number is negligible.