VoIP alternatives

AlexGibson

I need to port my neotel account to another provider, can anyone suggest a good reliable telecoms solution?

mister

Executive Member
Switchtel - one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

paulino

Has anyone tried Voys.co.za or Voyla.co.za

My assessment with voys.co.za, they seem to have pricy rental.

Bionic

Try connection telecom. We migrated 1 office last year and very happy with their service. Busy with a group VOIP solution now

paulino

Voys.co.za is R70 monthly and voyla.co.za is R39 monthly with cheaper mobile rates.

What’s your take ?

paulino

I signed up with voyla.co.za because they provide geographic numbers. If I am not happy, I can port anytime.

With 087 numbers, you can’t port.

Darook

Hi Gents/Ladies

Small Office, 4 users. Have been offered an expensive Panasonic Voip PBX installation +- 18k vs a hosted PBX.

Can't I just install a Yealink Cordless DECT Base - Y-W60Bcordless base station and run 4 phones off that?

I have Axxess 50/50Mbs fibre. What solution will be best?

Thanks in advance.

Looney

Expert Member
So Freshphone doesn't allow porting more then 1 telephone numbers. I have 2. Freshphone is automatically disqualified. Oh and they don't have telephonic support? Rubbish.

Who else is good that offers to port 2 VOIP numbers?

gfmalan

Expert Member
So Freshphone doesn't allow porting more then 1 telephone numbers. I have 2. Freshphone is automatically disqualified. Oh and they don't have telephonic support? Rubbish.

Who else is good that offers to port 2 VOIP numbers?
Are you willing to pay per extension?

Looney

Expert Member
Don't need Hosted Extension. I'm just porting my 2 VOIP lines from Cool Ideas to Switchtel. Its about R45 per line, something like that.

powermzii

Expert Member
Don't need Hosted Extension. I'm just porting my 2 VOIP lines from Cool Ideas to Switchtel. Its about R45 per line, something like that.
I have 1 line @ Swichtel, never had any issues with them. R45 /mo rental - I have a PAYG line so I just top-up when I need to. Great analytics and support on their site as well

Looney

Expert Member
I have 1 line @ Swichtel, never had any issues with them. R45 /mo rental - I have a PAYG line so I just top-up when I need to. Great analytics and support on their site as well
Yeah well I can’t say the same. I’m not that impressed so far. I sent through my porting application yesterday and I still have had no response.