VoIP alternatives

Looney

Expert Member
Switchtel - one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
Can’t say the same. I sent through my porting application yesterday and I still have not received a response and yes I sent another 2 follow up mails. Nothing. I sent another one telling them to cancel my porting request. If they can’t even respond to my mail then fsck em, they don’t deserve my business.

mister

Executive Member
Can’t say the same. I sent through my porting application yesterday and I still have not received a response and yes I sent another 2 follow up mails. Nothing. I sent another one telling them to cancel my porting request. If they can’t even respond to my mail then fsck em, they don’t deserve my business.
Very strange... I've always got prompt replies from them.

Looney

Expert Member
Very strange... I've always got prompt replies from them.
I spoke to a lady by the name of Jane yesterday. She told me to mail my docs to chat@switchtel which I did. All I got was an automated response. No feedback, nothing. Pity.

Freshphone don’t allow more then 1 number per user, so that’s a no go.

Who else is there that’s good?

gfmalan

Expert Member
I spoke to a lady by the name of Jane yesterday. She told me to mail my docs to chat@switchtel which I did. All I got was an automated response. No feedback, nothing. Pity.

Freshphone don’t allow more then 1 number per user, so that’s a no go.

Who else is there that’s good?
Why do you need two lines? And why not open two accounts at Freshphone?

Looney

Expert Member
Why do you need two lines? And why not open two accounts at Freshphone?
Because one is mine and my wife’s and the other one is my moms. Yes my wife and I live with my mom ok. Let’s all have a good laugh.

Oh and why should I have to create 2 accounts? It’s stupid. No. If Cool Ideas can do 2 lines, then why can’t they?

gfmalan

Expert Member
Because one is mine and my wife’s and the other one is my moms. Yes my wife and I live with my mom ok. Let’s all have a good laugh.

Oh and why should I have to create 2 accounts? It’s stupid. No. If Cool Ideas can do 2 lines, then why can’t they?
Everyone can have their living arrangement the way they want to, not judging.

Freshphone is a service free account, you only pay for airtime.

See it from a management perspective, they give you one sip account and one number is linked to that sip account, the billing and call forwarding, inbound, outbound and voicemail is linked into one solution, and they do it for free, they make a couple of cents for each minute.

So how do you want 2 numbers linked to two phones? Do you want call routing and show a number when making outbound calls? When you want to do that you need Hosted PBX, minimum 3 extensions and you can setup as any cobination your hart desire.

So take two free accounts, port a number to each, connect an ip phone to each line and use it as intended.

Please don’t complain if they don’t have a phone number with staff waiting in call centre to support free service, you can do everything online and it is automated.

All the othe VoIP providers have their own way of working. This make me wonder, what is wrong with Cool Ideas? I am a client, but ise my own solution for VoIP.

Please let us know why you want to move from CISP, just interested, so that I don’t advise my clients to use that.

Looney

Expert Member
Everyone can have their living arrangement the way they want to, not judging.

Freshphone is a service free account, you only pay for airtime.

See it from a management perspective, they give you one sip account and one number is linked to that sip account, the billing and call forwarding, inbound, outbound and voicemail is linked into one solution, and they do it for free, they make a couple of cents for each minute.

So how do you want 2 numbers linked to two phones? Do you want call routing and show a number when making outbound calls? When you want to do that you need Hosted PBX, minimum 3 extensions and you can setup as any cobination your hart desire.

So take two free accounts, port a number to each, connect an ip phone to each line and use it as intended.

Please don’t complain if they don’t have a phone number with staff waiting in call centre to support free service, you can do everything online and it is automated.

All the othe VoIP providers have their own way of working. This make me wonder, what is wrong with Cool Ideas? I am a client, but ise my own solution for VoIP.

Please let us know why you want to move from CISP, just interested, so that I don’t advise my clients to use that.
Then clearly Freshphone isn’t the right provider for me then. Will keep looking.

I want nothing to do with CISP. Not their fiber or they VOIP. I mean technically there’s nothing wrong with my VOIP, I just don’t want to give them my business any longer.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Then clearly Freshphone isn’t the right provider for me then. Will keep looking.

I want nothing to do with CISP. Not their fiber or they VOIP. I mean technically there’s nothing wrong with my VOIP, I just don’t want to give them my business any longer.
Thanks