VoWiFi not available for OnePlus6 on CellC

diepes

My OnePlus6 mobile doesn't show VoWiFi option for CellC sim ?

Are there something I should do, or is waiting for CellC the only solution ?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi diepes

Unfortunately, that device is not supported under Cell C's WiFi Calling.

^MP

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Any news for VoWiFi on the Huawei P10?
Hi Oxymoron

Unfortunately, the Huawei P10 was not configured for WiFi Calling.

No future plan have been set in motion for updates or inclusion of the device.

^MP

Brunette Babe

I have the same problem, and have engaged extensively with Cell C on this.
The only solution is for OnePlus to enable VoWiFi specifically for the Cell C network via a software patch for the OnePlus 6 handset.
This patch is available to OnePlus from the chipset manufacturer Qualcomm.

I have logged a support call with OnePlus for this very issue about two months ago, and have also provided them with the contact details of the responsible person at Qualcomm. To date nothing has been done by OnePlus.

My suggestion is you log a call with OnePlus support asking them to enable VoWiFi for the carrier Cell C via a software patch through their monthly software updates.
The more requests they get the more likely they are to provide a solution.

If you require more details send me a PM

Flipside

I need this for receiving those dumb Mastercard 3d secure codes when travelling. I guess the only option is to get the cheapest wifi calling enabled device and take with as a second phone, or port to someone that offers better roaming options on prepaid.

Brunette Babe

Just doing what's stated in the above guide did not enable VoWiFi on my OnePlus 6 on the Cell C network.

Following the tutorial (linked below) and using the "H3G UK Commercial" profile did enable VoWiFi on my OnePlus 6 running stock Oxygen OS 9.0.2 on the Cell C network. I have tried it and it works. I can make and receive calls using VoWiFi, and can also send and receive sms when using VoWiFi.

However, after enabling and using VoWiFi and then switching VoWiFi off there is a delay period of about 30 minutes when receiving sms messages. After the 30 minute period has passed things go back to normal without any delay when receiving sms messages.

Link to tutorial : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542

(Note: Follow the steps in the first post of the above tutorial.
Be very careful cos you could brick your phone if you make an error while attempting this)

Praeses

Expert Member
Just doing what's stated in the above guide did not enable VoWiFi on my OnePlus 6 on the Cell C network.

Following the tutorial (linked below) and using the "H3G UK Commercial" profile did enable VoWiFi on my OnePlus 6 running stock Oxygen OS 9.0.2 on the Cell C network. I have tried it and it works. I can make and receive calls using VoWiFi, and can also send and receive sms when using VoWiFi.

However, after enabling and using VoWiFi and then switching VoWiFi off there is a delay period of about 30 minutes when receiving sms messages. After the 30 minute period has passed things go back to normal without any delay when receiving sms messages.

Link to tutorial : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542

(Note: Follow the steps in the first post of the above tutorial.
Be very careful cos you could brick your phone if you make an error while attempting this)
Are you still experiencing the 30 minute issue on OS 9.0.3?

Also, in your link, the link to the OP6 guide was disabled by XDA's mods. Is the process very similar to the OP5's process?

marioat1

Expert Member
Are you still experiencing the 30 minute issue on OS 9.0.3?

Also, in your link, the link to the OP6 guide was disabled by XDA's mods. Is the process very similar to the OP5's process?
Rather find the newer link on XDA don't use processes for older firmware or devices as you could end up with an expensive paperweight